Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone tried active noise cancellation in 2021.40?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know. It amazes me that they would prominently put The Witcher III in so many advertisements and then not have it in the car. Not that I have any desire whatsoever to play video games in my car (especially an epic game like that one).
To me it only really makes sense if it functions as a proper gaming computer where I have the same library as back home and I can easily load a cloud save to resume while stopped somewhere. As a write this for example I am waiting to pick somebody up and my Astroneer save is waiting for me back home! If it needs to be totally separate then it’s basically a non-starter.

If done right then it has so much potential and it would be a shame if all of that GPU power goes to waste.

To me it only really makes sense if it functions as a proper gaming computer where I have the same library as back home and I can easily load a cloud save to resume while stopped somewhere. As a write this for example I am waiting to pick somebody up and my Astroneer save is waiting for me back home! If it needs to be totally separate then it’s basically a non-starter.

If done right then it has so much potential and it would be a shame if all of that GPU power goes to waste.
This is maybe one of the many reasons its not available yet. Boy they can dream right?

Reactions: Issaction
Hi, I found this video online of active noise cancellation does not seem like I can notice anything at-least on this video. I do not have this update yet myself was wondering if anybody else on the forum has it and gave it a try...

I am hoping the active noise cancellation to be at-least decent.. But this one video does not seem that way.

We had the car last week and our impression was that it’s working already. Having tuned in loud bass heavy music on the freeway resulted in more low freq rolling, road and suspension noise coming through. Putting the music on mute seemed to have instantly removed quite some of that noise. Our clue was the overlapping of frequencies didn’t allow the NC to filter out surround noise as precise. Besides that the car was VERY quiet and a breeze to drive. A drivers car. Better than any BMW I ever drove and on par with Porsche while being less harsh. Even cornering was perfect. One got the impression of a much smaller car compared to my 2017 model. Kudos to the engineers and the test drivers.

We had the car last week and our impression was that it’s working already. Having tuned in loud bass heavy music on the freeway resulted in more low freq rolling, road and suspension noise coming through. Putting the music on mute seemed to have instantly removed quite some of that noise. Our clue was the overlapping of frequencies didn’t allow the NC to filter out surround noise as precise. Besides that the car was VERY quiet and a breeze to drive. A drivers car. Better than any BMW I ever drove and on par with Porsche while being less harsh. Even cornering was perfect. One got the impression of a much smaller car compared to my 2017 model. Kudos to the engineers and the test drivers.
Agree car cabin is way more quiet already from the get go Thanks to the Dual pane glass and other improvements.. But I would hope ANC takes it to a next level.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Did a quick drive today. It’s barely noticeable. Some roads you can tell it’s on vs off by the low end parks of the road noise getting a TINY bit quieter. Others roads have no discernible difference.

Overall, it’s not noticeable. I was hoping it would be more obvious.

Oh well, still a great car!
Same experience and conclusion here. Currently, it’s crap. 💩

• Informative
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Yeah, we were thinking the model Y but spent the money for the S in large part of the noise cancellation. I’m a composer for a living, it would be nice to have on our freeway trips.

I’m frustrated, but hopefully it will improve with software.

Reactions: jebinc
Seems like a lot of complaints about a 1.0 feature that’s novel and potentially useful. Perhaps give it time to learn, evolve and get new capabilities like flexible tuning.
Like Smart summon, rain sensing wipers and other beta stuff that hasn’t improved, and in some cases has got worse with time. I’m thinking about the wipers. Worked better in my old 3 than my new Plaid and MYP. Just crap.

Like Smart summon, rain sensing wipers and other beta stuff that hasn’t improved, and in some cases has got worse with time. I’m thinking about the wipers. Worked better in my old 3 than my new Plaid and MYP. Just crap.
The wipers work the same for me as they did in the 3. Pretty good for the most part during the day. Hit and miss at night without good lighting. It was a mistake on Tesla’s part to use vision for this.