Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone tried active noise cancellation in 2021.40?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious maybe its not available for everyone else. But because i am in Canada, i get the KINGSHAFT!! I was so eager to get FSD when i ordered the car (first time Tesla owner), but only to find out no FSD at all! I woudl have definitely not paid the $10K!

I am going to royally be pissed at the ANC being omitted in future software updates for canada. My kids are STILL waiting for Disney+
I feel you bro. My kids also want Disney+ And was surprised to see it nowhere in Can. We do have 45M up here Elon….which is uh…California? Doh 🙄

Below (the link to the other TMC thread) were my initial, literally-just-downloaded-and-out-driving thoughts from when I first got ARNR. Now that I've had time to settle in with it, it's still great in my eyes (or, to my ears) though I'm going to say "great" is obviously subjective.

It makes anything up front that much "clearer" - listening to music is a little more immersive (though I always thought the cabin for music was pretty decent in the refresh), but where I think it shines is having conversations with a passenger or just tuning out the road. My wife and I are able to understand each other better, even with some music playing, and when I'm driving and trying to focus (sometimes replaying/solving problems in my head, I like doing with quiet - weird, I know), it's that much better.

I don't think it affects the quality of music, per se, but it definitely comes in a little clearer such that I can have the volume slightly lower by a notch or two and get the same effect, if that makes sense.

Now that I've had it for a little bit, I almost don't notice it, but I think that's the point. For fun, I turned it off this afternoon and immediately noticed the road noise rumble that I had learned to live without.

I'll repeat this part from my linked post because I think this is still an important point, even with my praise. I think ARNR is great, but what it is not, is ANC. It makes a difference, but it's not going to be a magic pill. Certain noises (bumps or highway lines at speed) are going to come in regardless, but they are muffled. It's definitely something that should get better with more data/refinement, which is why it's a little odd that it's not more widely available - though, they might be doing that to avoid complaints until they've tuned it more.

Thank you for these impressions. I expect it will help to some degree with these PS4S at lower temps (50s and below). The road noise is pretty brutal in the colder weather. The road noise/rhythmic howling isn’t pleasant…

What about MSLR? Do we know when software for ANC will be activated?
It is out there, but in early access program only. However, in driving tonight there is clearly something running in shadow mode in the headset. With my head turned left or right, the ear closest to the headset gets the same effect you would get from ANC in AirPods. It sounds “closed” off. When I turn my head back to look out the windshield, it is less apparent but still faintly there.

It is out there, but in early access program only. However, in driving tonight there is clearly something running in shadow mode in the headset. With my head turned left or right, the ear closest to the headset gets the same effect you would get from ANC in AirPods. It sounds “closed” off. When I turn my head back to look out the windshield, it is less apparent but still faintly there.
But the headrests only have microphones in them

• Funny
Reactions: Duke846 and jebinc
I cannot believe how we Canadians are treated like garbage in terms of software updates. Once again us Canadians do NOT get FSD (yes i paid my $10K), and i dont get ANY of the features others get.

NO Active noise cancelling. Add that to the list of other missing features (no Disney+, no car wash mode). I dont understand why?

View attachment 728704
Agreed!
No noise canceling‽
You can access Disney+ through YouTube. It's a bit annoying, but works.