Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone tried Lexani 21" tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had them on a much lighter car and their lack of grip was terrifying. I was easily able to get a car with no power to both peel out and pretty much lock up ABS brakes. If you wanna save a few bucks and never nail the throttle or have the need to stop go for it!

I've had them on a much lighter car and their lack of grip was terrifying. I was easily able to get a car with no power to both peel out and pretty much lock up ABS brakes. If you wanna save a few bucks and never nail the throttle or have the need to stop go for it!

Also forgot to mention they were significantly noisier than any other tire I've used thus far.

1176F602-BF8D-4923-9F72-0136832AE933.jpeg
I have been riding on the Lexanis for about 2 weeks now and so far so good. No problem with road noise, grip or traction. Cornering and hard acceleration is fine. Let’s see if this holds true as they wear and how long they last. So far, I am super pleased

I just put them on my for my rears on my 21x10.5 TSW Bathhurst 285-30-21. Car is lowered via links and I ran through a set of Hankook Ventus V12 in about 10,000 miles on the rear. Got the Lexani LX-20 for $130 each installed. The Hankooks on the front (245-35-21) are still fine and hoping to install camber kit as soon as receive it for the rears. I drive about 2500 miles/month so I am hoping they drive nicely as they are much more affordable than anything out there as I will be going through a few sets of rears a year.

Reactions: Gentilly7
Still going strong. I have about 20k miles on them. They are wearing unevenly which is more of a Tesla problem than a Lexani problem. Inside wear is brutal. I am going to try to get another year out of them. For the price, I would still recommend.

Still going strong. I have about 20k miles on them. They are wearing unevenly which is more of a Tesla problem than a Lexani problem. Inside wear is brutal. I am going to try to get another year out of them. For the price, I would still recommend.

My Michelin’s had uneven wear and didn’t even make it 10k miles. I’d be thrilled with 20k miles even with even wear. How is traction with these? ~$100 is absurdly cheap.

Maybe that’s true here (very likely even,) and I can’t use them anyway because they don’t come in 265, but to automatically discount them because of their price alone isn’t fair. Some cheaper tires are pretty well reviewed such as Falken and Hankook. I haven’t used either, but am open to considering other options. Come summer I don’t know what I am replacing my Pilots with, but it absolutely won’t be another set of Michelin’s.

It sounds like you have experience with these specifically though. I appreciate the first hand feedback.

Maybe that’s true here (very likely even,) and I can’t use them anyway because they don’t come in 265, but to automatically discount them because of their price alone isn’t fair. Some cheaper tires are pretty well reviewed such as Falken and Hankook. I haven’t used either, but am open to considering other options. Come summer I don’t know what I am replacing my Pilots with, but it absolutely won’t be another set of Michelin’s.

It sounds like you have experience with these specifically though. I appreciate the first hand feedback.

Take it with a grain of salt. many manufacturers have various levels of tires. I'm sure they have some decent ones. I have had them on a few vehicles over the years and always the same result. Few years since I bought a set and cant specifically speak for the model in question.