Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone unhappy with update 2023.44.30.6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TOBASH

Supporting Member
2017 P100D. FSD. Stereo infotainment upgrade package.

Mostly I hate the nags with FSD. I’m loathe to update because I hear they get worse. Is it true? Will FSD nags become worse?

Anyone unhappy with FSD after 2023.44.30.6 upgrade.

I already hate all the nags. Do they get worse after the 2023.44.30.6 update? I’m not updating yet and I look forward to getting replies.

TIA

Last edited:
What I am finding is that with other recent updates, the steering wheel requires more and more attention with less and less torque. It has become a fine line between applying torque and the steering wheel getting torqued and moving under my pressure and self drive terminating until reactivation.

It has become frustrating. I’m afraid that this new update will make it worse.

Steering wheel torque should be made adjustable to account for driver preference.

It has become a fine line between applying torque and the steering wheel getting torqued and moving under my pressure and self drive terminating until reactivation.
Try briefly changing the volume using the left scroll wheel. The car also counts that as holding the wheel. At least I know it works on the model 3. I have not tried it on the model X but expect it to work the same.

Reactions: TOBASH
Many thanks Bruce

While I find FSD mildly helpful on city local drives, I find it extremely useful on long highway drives as a method to remember obscure or confusing exits and turnoffs that might be overlooked.

It is also a lifesaver in heavy traffic as rear end collision prevention. Simply amazing secondary protection. It’s like a belt to my suspenders.

Also a super wonderful way to avoid hidden traffic speed stops by seamlessly adjusting speed to the posted and often missed signage. FSD does not get frustrated driving the speed limit. A great defensive weapon that has saved me thousands.

Last edited:
While I refuse to get sucked into an argument about what FSD should and shouldn’t do, I’ll just say I haven’t noticed much of a difference, if any at all.
Bruce.
One thing I have noticed (I am on 2023.44.30.7) is the amount of torque required to keep FSD happy, has increased. Sometimes I get the warning, and twist the wheel, with increasing force. It is very easy to over torque, kicking it out of autosteer, which is annoying.

OTOH, its ability to handle roundabouts, has improved a lot.

One thing I have noticed (I am on 2023.44.30.7) is the amount of torque required to keep FSD happy, has increased. Sometimes I get the warning, and twist the wheel, with increasing force. It is very easy to over torque, kicking it out of autosteer, which is annoying.

OTOH, its ability to handle roundabouts, has improved a lot.
You feel torque has increased OR a you feel torque is more sensitive and pops out of FSD more easily and also yields more nags???

You feel torque has increased OR a you feel torque is more sensitive and pops out of FSD more easily and also yields more nags???
The required torque has increased. More nags are mainly due to meet NHTSA requirements. In fact all Teslas (at least in .US) were recalled to increase the nags. So I do not consider the nags to be a problem.

On 2023.44.30.5.1, but prob has most of the new features...
  • Nag are super annoying, bu got used to them
  • Love the new back up cam lines (unless they were there before and I never noticed)
  • map display with traffic lights and stop signs help a lot
  • Overall FSD experience has improved substantially. This is according to friend who are passengers maybe a couple times a month. I really don't see a huge difference, but incremental improvements might be difficult to perceive when your drive FSD everyday

Reactions: rlsd
2017 P100D. FSD. Stereo infotainment upgrade package.

Mostly I hate the nags with FSD. I’m loathe to update because I hear they get worse. Is it true? Will FSD nags become worse?

Anyone unhappy with FSD after 2023.44.30.6 upgrade.

I already hate all the nags. Do they get worse after the 2023.44.30.6 update? I’m not updating yet and I look forward to getting replies.

TIA
The increased nags and warnings are rhe result of NHSTA. Tesla had no choice.

On 2023.44.30.5.1, but prob has most of the new features...
  • Nag are super annoying, bu got used to them
  • Love the new back up cam lines (unless they were there before and I never noticed)
  • map display with traffic lights and stop signs help a lot
  • Overall FSD experience has improved substantially. This is according to friend who are passengers maybe a couple times a month. I really don't see a huge difference, but incremental improvements might be difficult to perceive when your drive FSD everyday
The biggest positive difference for me was the continuously updating alternate routes displayed on the map.

Reactions: kpanda17
Tesla leads rhe entire vehicle industry with OTA updates
It’s like getting new parts to you investment with every update

Funny story, I just got my brother and sister in law into Tesla with Dec MYLR
They asked me two questions:

Where is the Tesla App Store
Can we do a zoom while driving

It’s fantastic how advanced people view Tesla
👍

The biggest positive difference for me was the continuously updating alternate routes displayed on the map.
Oh, I have been finding the alternate routes quite annoying. I like to see route options at the beginning, but I do not find it helpful to continually giving me “options” that take significantly longer and take me off the direct path. They clutter the screen. I would like a toggle on/off button for other route options. As is, I have been going into the navigation menu to toggle off the online routing after I have selected my route, losing out on something I would actually like to have - rerouting if traffic conditions change significantly.

Oh, I have been finding the alternate routes quite annoying. I like to see route options at the beginning, but I do not find it helpful to continually giving me “options” that take significantly longer and take me off the direct path. They clutter the screen. I would like a toggle on/off button for other route options. As is, I have been going into the navigation menu to toggle off the online routing after I have selected my route, losing out on something I would actually like to have - rerouting if traffic conditions change significantly.

I think you only see the alternate routes if you have the map in the "display the entire route" mode. If you're doing "heading is up" or "north is up" modes you don't see them. I know that's not the same as a toggle, but it might be a workaround.

(Personally I like having the alternates, but I could envision them getting in the way if you don't really need them.)

Bruce.

I think you only see the alternate routes if you have the map in the "display the entire route" mode.
The alternate routes show both when in trip segment or overall trip view. I agree that they disappear in a zoomed in view, but I like to have the center screen showing the big picture when on a highway trip.

Here is an example of the meaningless alternate routes it displays continually. Of course I could always get off the highway and meander a bit. These would only be of interest if there were an accident on the highway. It seems to always require 2 alternates.
IMG_6361.jpeg

Reactions: bmah
The alternate routes show both when in trip segment or overall trip view. I agree that they disappear in a zoomed in view, but I like to have the center screen showing the big picture when on a highway trip.

Here is an example of the meaningless alternate routes it displays continually. Of course I could always get off the highway and meander a bit. These would only be of interest if there were an accident on the highway. It seems to always require 2 alternates.
View attachment 1007706

Where I live, for the routes I drive, the difference routes are often much more significant (think of choosing among various bridges or land routes to get from one side of San Francisco Bay to the other). I agree that you're unlikely to want those alternates from your screenshot.

Bruce.

My cabin camera intermittently errors out (APP_W330_cabinCameraFault and APP_w90_selfieCameraStreamExit) since new. Now it kills FSD with the screaming red steering wheel after updates 2023.44.30.6 and 2023.44.30.7. I've got a mobile service appointment on 1/19.