Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone use OEM console holder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2507.jpeg

Does anyone use the OEM console storage? It's odd that it doesn't have a cut out of the usbc cable, and the orientation is not correct to lay your phone in it. I suppose it's meant to push back.

Rear organizers with covers? Do you mean the ones that come with the car?

The wireless charger is trash. The usb c is inside that compartment.
he has a point, for large phones, iphone 14/15 pro max in a case, the charging does not work
if you take the case off, it cannot keep up with the drain of running a streaming app such as sirius xm
my wife iphone 14 pro with a case and it charges fine on the wireless pad
for my iphone 14 pro max, i use the magbak display mount magsafe charger and I can stream, run waze and charge, case on, charging stays in front of the use
no issues

Reactions: Owner4523
Also, if you use the rear passenger vent USBC where would put your phone? The ones up front allow the phone the be stored in the front compartment.
We both use the iPhone7's Haven't felt the need to anything newer. Granted, the wireless front chargers are not too speedy, but they get the job done - especially on a longer trip. I have used the rear usb-c and then laid the iphone upside down in one of the cup holders. We also use the rear usb-c ports to charge our Apple watches with their supplied 'magnetic pucks.'

I don't have any problem with mine. In fact I use both at the same time while we travel. If you want a higher output you can use the usb-c ports that are above the rear passenger vents.
Sure, I use the ports in the back of the console to charge a portable battery bank… and had the cable head bent due to things moving around.

That being said, why are people making a fuss of this? Who cares why they’re using the port, it’s their choice. There’s no need for any kind of justification.

You don’t want to use it, then don’t. If others want to, why does their decision matter?

We both use the iPhone7's Haven't felt the need to anything newer. Granted, the wireless front chargers are not too speedy, but they get the job done - especially on a longer trip. I have used the rear usb-c and then laid the iphone upside down in one of the cup holders. We also use the rear usb-c ports to charge our Apple watches with their supplied 'magnetic pucks.'

They charge at 15 watts, so for a road trip where you are driving for hours, I could see it working better, but for in town trips, it's hard to add much charge to the batteries.

Reactions: andaconda
Sure, I use the ports in the back of the console to charge a portable battery bank… and had the cable head bent due to things moving around.

That being said, why are people making a fuss of this? Who cares why they’re using the port, it’s their choice. There’s no need for any kind of justification.

You don’t want to use it, then don’t. If others want to, why does their decision matter?
Who is giving anyone a hard time about using the charity port?