Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Use the Tesla 4U app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was interested in using this app to get access to consumption data. Wondering if anyone has experience using this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tesla4u.android
Yes, for me it had crazy vampire drain of about 1 mile of range per hour. Had some nice features but I deleted due to crazy drain rates. Developer states the app has been updated to address that. It’s free so I’d install it and see how it works for you. You can always delete it and change your Tesla account password if you don’t like the app. I use Stats for Tesla now and it has a lot of great and useful features.

I have been using TeslaFi for the last few months and I am very pleased with it. It is not an app for your phone but a website you subscribe to that tracks everything about your Tesla. It tracks each drive in great detail, each charge, costs for charging, firmware updates and gas savings. TeslaFi gives you a two week free trial but if you use my referral code: bsietz then you get an extra two weeks.

Check it out at TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger

Enjoy!

-Brian

I have been using TeslaFi for the last few months and I am very pleased with it. It is not an app for your phone but a website you subscribe to that tracks everything about your Tesla. It tracks each drive in great detail, each charge, costs for charging, firmware updates and gas savings. TeslaFi gives you a two week free trial but if you use my referral code: bsietz then you get an extra two weeks.

Check it out at TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger

Enjoy!

-Brian
TeslaFi is pretty much what I'm looking for, however $50 a year is too expensive for me.

Reactions: Jaywlker
i use it every day. it's very good because you can follow your trips, follow your batteyr, schedule charge or havc, you can see your trips on ios or on the webapp.
For the vampire drain, you could schedule the request and stop it the nigt if you prefere.

Attachments

• dashboard_2-o1obfw6fj8vpgzw2tbjvfyj2k448nrj58cr2b0au36.png
    dashboard_2-o1obfw6fj8vpgzw2tbjvfyj2k448nrj58cr2b0au36.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 176
Try "Stats for Tesla" (iphone/google-I think), I've been using it for the last few weeks with great success and no vamp drain. The developer is also a member on the board and responds often. Cost $10
but if i anderstand, it s only work on the phone and when the phone is activate. What about if you break your phone or loose it ? and if only is is offline ?

but if i anderstand, it s only work on the phone and when the phone is activate. What about if you break your phone or loose it ? and if only is is offline ?
Yes, it is an app and won’t work on your computer. It also works in the background and saves everything to the cloud so if you break or lose your phone it won’t be an issue.Ive had it since I had my car and it’s a great app. And as others have mentioned the developer is very responsive and is a Tesla owner as well as a member of this forum.

• Love
Reactions: f8K37Sq31
I'm the author. The app works on any iOS device and runs natively on iPhone and iPad. The app does not run in the background continuously. If your iOS device is broken, the app won't work either.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: BobAbooey
Yes, it is an app and won’t work on your computer. It also works in the background and saves everything to the cloud so if you break or lose your phone it won’t be an issue.Ive had it since I had my car and it’s a great app. And as others have mentioned the developer is very responsive and is a Tesla owner as well as a member of this forum.
You are correct. All data is stored in user's private iCloud and syncs up across multiple devices automatically. So, if you change your iPhone or buy a new iPad, the data appears on the new devices automatically.

• Informative
Reactions: BobAbooey
Thanks! Just added a switch to disable the "unlock notification" when the car is near HomeLink (for those who leave the car unlocked in the garage and don't want to get this notification)

That’s a great option, The model 3 doors take a little extra power to close so now I can just walk away not worrying if my kid shut the door all the way. Worked get at the mall last weekend

Reactions: f8K37Sq31
I thought the car was locking the doors automatically?
It does lock automatically for Model S/X even if it does not detect the fob, but for model 3, the car locks the car when it detects that the phone detaches.

For example, if you unlock the car remotely, the car does not lock automatically. Also, if for some reason, the car does not detect detachment, it remains unlocked (this should be rare).

In addition, if one of the doors are ajar, the car does not lock itself (this applies to S/X/3)