Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone using Hulu? Keep getting error code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What worked for me to fix this after months of trying and countless software updates. I first logged off Hulu from the tesla Theater app, then on my phone’s browser I logged into Hulu and deauthorized all devices on my account and then updated and changed my Hulu password. Once that was done I went back into the car and restarting the car by holding the scroll wheels on the steering wheel, once the cars screen was back on (but before the car connected the lte) I went into the tesla Theater folder and select Hulu, this will cause it to give you an error message “ of no internet connection”, once I got that error message I closed out of the Tesla theater app and connected to WiFi, once I got that set up I went back onto the Hulu account signed in and it worked. Once I got it working I’m able to watch Hulu on the cars LTE.

Reactions: Marcust99
What worked for me to fix this after months of trying and countless software updates. I first logged off Hulu from the tesla Theater app, then on my phone’s browser I logged into Hulu and deauthorized all devices on my account and then updated and changed my Hulu password. Once that was done I went back into the car and restarting the car by holding the scroll wheels on the steering wheel, once the cars screen was back on (but before the car connected the lte) I went into the tesla Theater folder and select Hulu, this will cause it to give you an error message “ of no internet connection”, once I got that error message I closed out of the Tesla theater app and connected to WiFi, once I got that set up I went back onto the Hulu account signed in and it worked. Once I got it working I’m able to watch Hulu on the cars LTE.
I just went through all these steps exactly as described and it didn't work for me. I guess I at least cleaned up my 49 devices logged in.

I spoke too soon. I keep getting a playback error now. Seems common with not much resolution. I will keep trying different things. It will load the Hulu dash board but when playing titles, the splash screen plays, then gives an error code.

I get error code P-DEV313. It ONLY happens w/ live major sporting events. Sitting in my car now & tried watching Thur night football, keep getting the error code. Tried a regular show, works fine. Also, pulled up Hulu on my phone while sitting in the car & the game comes in fine. For me, it’s not network, software, etc. Clearly something to do w/ the sports broadcasts in the Tesla.

I get error code P-DEV313. It ONLY happens w/ live major sporting events. Sitting in my car now & tried watching Thur night football, keep getting the error code. Tried a regular show, works fine. Also, pulled up Hulu on my phone while sitting in the car & the game comes in fine. For me, it’s not network, software, etc. Clearly something to do w/ the sports broadcasts in the Tesla.
This happens for the streaming shows. I tried a movie and two different shows. Not even live content.

I reached out to Hulu and they acknowledged it is a problem they are aware of and credited me one week of service for my trouble. Hopefully they can fix it. To be able to watch normal content would be great!

I have exactly the same issue and don’t seem to figure it out why it’s not working.
Get on chat support with Hulu and inquire. Also, I did the YouTube TV trick. Not sure it helped but now it finally works.

Download YouTube TV app and update your location. Then log into YouTube on the car. Then log into Hulu. Do this on WiFi. Those are “all of the tricks” and now mine works 1-2 days after doing that.

Reactions: Jacopa
Same here. Error code P-DEV313
When looking this code up on the interwebs I found that many of the suggested solutions were to update the App and or delete and reinstall the app. Since we cannot do that we may need to ask Trevor to tweet @elonmusk to get an update to the fleet.

Reactions: SinCityEV
There are a few issues with Hulu as you all have stated. First issue is "account blocked" error when trying to sign-in from the Tesla screen. The way that most have seemed to solve this (including myself) is by clicking the create new account on the Tesla screen. You will be prompted to enter info as is you are creating a new account. Hulu will recognize your email and give a prompt that "your email is already associated with an account." you will have the option to Login with existing account. This time, when logging in, you should be able to access Hulu successfully.

BUT..issues don't stop there , do they?? Once logging in, you may be able to browse shows, but receive a playback error (an earlier post showed a picture of the screen) when trying to play a show. Try several WiFi connections first (home, phone hot spot). Most of the time that helps initiate whatever "magic" needed. If this is successful, you should try to disconnect WiFi and connect through Tesla Premium Connectivity (LTE wireless) if you have a subscription.

Most frustrating thing is that neither Hulu nor Tesla have been helpful in the matter. Hulu points to Tesla, Tesla points to Hulu, and the car owner gets stuck in the middle.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker