Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone using Hulu? Keep getting error code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue...showed up after updating to 2021.4.18.2 a few weeks ago. I haven't found a fix for this yet. Hulu sometimes stops responding, the AC fan seems to kick in on the highest fan setting, and then the screen reboots.
So I decided to play around with this a little bit more. Connected to a hotspot on my phone and tried to play a show and still got the same error. Disconnected from the hotspot, reconnected to my home WiFi and was able to play a show. Tried again another day and it has been working again so far.

I was able to log in on data by loading the app through the browser on my family’s 3. But, I ran into P-DEV313. I logged out, and tried signing in through wifi. Ever since, I’ve been getting the blocked error.

I think, every time you load hulu.com, you get a random login state. Every time you log in, you get a random app state. If you get lucky, both are working, and you can watch stuff.

I get the error as well, though I would try watching something different (on Hulu) and it will load and start, play a couple seconds and then get the error again (software release 2021.12.25.7). I the. Tried doing a “reset” (holding both buttons down on the wheel) and then wait for service to come back and try again, then it would start to load (the preview screen) press play and get the error. Seems like each time I’m getting closer….I’m stumped, though I’m looking forward to that Disney + update!

I'm not sure if this is germane to the conversation, but.......a few months ago, I switched my home Internet (WiFi) provider from Frontier to T-Mobile.After I made the switch, I was unable to view HULU on my home TV. A call to HULU confirmed that HULU requires a HOME internet connection, and that T-Mobile was NOT considered to be a home Internet provider.Sure enough, when I switched back to Frontier, I was able to view HULU again. I'm not sure how this would apply to viewing HULU on a Tesla car screen (or if it even does apply), just thought I'd pass that along on the hope that it might add some clarity rather than confusion.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
BLUF: Login to YouTube App, go to setting and select "update area"... somehow fixes Hulu

I have been experiencing this same issue since the 2021.18.2 update and hoped that the new 2021.24.4 update would fix it when introducing Disney+..... Sadly this was not the case.

Upon this discovery I found both this TMC posting along with a Reddit post highlighting the same issue. The OP suggested opening YouTube app, login to your account, go to settings, select update area and this somehow fixes the Hulu app problem. Apparently the problem is derived from Hulu but being able to properly access location information.

Hope this helps and below is the referenced article (moderators please remove if not allowed)

Been over a month now and HULU is still FUBAR so I've gone ahead and opened up a service appt for the issue. Attached a screenshot
too. Apt is over 2 weeks away and I'm sure they'll cancel it saying it's a "known issue to be addressed by a sw update" but screw it, I
did it anways. More visibility. Others should do the same....

I had the same problem PLUS about a dozen different captcha screens -- and then it said my account was blocked when I finally, finally convinced it I wasn't a robot. Crazy! And the worst part was, later that evening my wife and I wanted to watch Hulu on our TV, and we had to log in there for the first time since we created the account.

But I still love my Tesla!!!
Hulu worked for us in the past. When I noticed this thread several weeks ago, I went out to the car to confirm it still worked and I was stuck in the nearly endless captcha screen validation mode. I kept getting dozens of captcha images, only to finally be told that my username/password was incorrect. I confirmed multiple times but kept having to identify dozens of captcha images. I was never able to get logged in. I tried logging out and back in on other devices and the same credentials worked fine on those devices

I think I was on wifi since the car was in the garage but I'll confirm that before trying again.