Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with an S/X still waiting for V9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The iPhone displayed the ability to upgrade the 2017 MS 90D an hour ago.

After taking photos of the Version 8 display for nostalgia and a comparison of settings, the update was started. I look forward to the improvements to Autopilot. Thanks to those who posted photos and videos to help us understand the changes before upgrading. Knowledge in advance makes the transition smoother and more enjoyable.

Two idiosyncrasies I hope are solved: A streaming station turning off when closing the garage door and the rear camera display disappearing if navigation was requested while in reverse.

Last edited:
A Model 3 just got 39.6 on TeslaFi which may mean rollout has started if that version has now finally gone to the 3’s. But who really knows.

(Edit: meaning restarted of course... and there are several 3’s on the list. Total uptake is still under 20% of the TeslaFi population. No full scale flood!)

Last edited:
I'm on 32.2 on my S 90D. Will see...

Tesla V9 Capture.JPG

EDIT: Just installed it. It is 39.6! :)

Last edited:
I'm on 32.2 on my S 90D. Will see...

View attachment 342170

EDIT: Just installed it. It is 39.6! :)
wesley888 - those screenshots you posted, are those off of your router or is that something that is in the app/car? I am still waiting. I just got excited because I saw something in my inbox on the app from 4 days ago - but it was just the notification that V9 was coming out and what it contained. UGH!

Reactions: wesley888
wesley888 - those screenshots you posted, are those off of your router or is that something that is in the app/car? I am still waiting. I just got excited because I saw something in my inbox on the app from 4 days ago - but it was just the notification that V9 was coming out and what it contained. UGH!

It's from my UniFi router. I've seen some screen capture from the Google WiFi. I think I like those even better. They have traffic report by the hours as well.

Can someone confirm that the notification to upgrade first comes on the phone, so I can stop obsessively checking the car.
It should be at the same time... the car needs to have downloaded it and be ready before the phones tells you to come push the button. I don't know if we've ever had someone sit in the car and wait to see how simultaneous they are. :D

I've never had it appear on the car and not on my (i) Phone. You should NOT have to check the car at all, unless the notifications on Android are flaky? No info on that issue at all, sorry to say.