Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with AP2 hardware, paid for AP1 and did not pay for EAP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am just curious if anyone is out there who received AP2 hardware during the AP1 to AP2 transition but did not up for EAP? I had originally paid $2500 for autopilot, but when they upgraded all cars to AP2 hardware, I paid the extra $2500 for EAP. I'm just curious if anyone didn't pay for EAP and whether they've noticed anything different or if they got grandfathered in? Something tells me I should have just held off and probably got grandfathered in...

With V9 we might start to see the difference. Maybe my car won't automatically change lanes and have red lane markers indicating cars in my blind-spots. In my mind they shouldn't restrict it because I had to wait for over a year for it to reach parity to AP1, but then that doesn't seem fair to the guys that ponied up the extra $2500.

I was in the boat as well and paid for EAP. Specifically functions that require all eight cameras should be considered EAP. Folks that did not pony up are only supposed to have 4 cameras activated. So, we should start to see the differences. Having the side cameras active will be a huge advancement and will be well worth the wait. And no, if you didn't pony up, you shouldn't maintain parity with the folks who did. But if you didn't option in, you still can pay the difference +$1000.

I was in the boat as well and paid for EAP. Specifically functions that require all eight cameras should be considered EAP. Folks that did not pony up are only supposed to have 4 cameras activated. So, we should start to see the differences. Having the side cameras active will be a huge advancement and will be well worth the wait. And no, if you didn't pony up, you shouldn't maintain parity with the folks who did. But if you didn't option in, you still can pay the difference +$1000.
Yeah but I don't think it would be worth it. It would be fun watching the car change lanes without input, but not worth $3,500. If they can pull off FSD then I'm fine with paying a substantial amount.

Yeah but I don't think it would be worth it. It would be fun watching the car change lanes without input, but not worth $3,500. If they can pull off FSD then I'm fine with paying a substantial amount.

You made a good choice. I wish I did the same in retrospect, especially as I paid the $5k again on my model 3. right now I'd be pretty happy with AP2 where it is IF i had only paid $2500.

Has anyone in this situation upgraded to Version 9 yet? I'm still on Version 8, so I don't know if any features are being limited. Also, my account doesn't show a price for upgrading to EAP or FSD. I checked a couple times during the FSD sale. Has anyone who paid $2500 for AP1 and got AP2 hardware, paid for an EAP or FSD upgrade recently?

My car has never changed lanes without input. Just the opposite, I get nagged to death asking to change lanes when I don't want to. Maybe that's a setting. The navigate on autopilot will take exit ramps without input. Sometimes at very high speeds. =8-0
That sounds like NOA (but with confirmation). You should be able to turn that off, but first see if you can turn on NOA (without confirmation) on, and see what happens next time you're on the freeway.

You only paid for AP1 on your AP2 car?

Did you guys ever get NOA or smart summon?
Tesla foisted V10 on me sometime last night, so now I can answer my question. No and no. I thought there was a chance they might give us NOA since "on ramp to off ramp" use to be a "promised" AP1 feature, but of course never happened. So did smart summon features come to think of it. But now that they can finally fulfill some of the AP1 promised features to those of us with AP2 hardware, they won't do it. At least not yet anyway.