Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP nag causes AP nag

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your hands are off they wheel, but with torque you can take a look. If you constantly apply torque, you have a bit more freedom to look around. If you are driving hands free, you have 0 freedom to look around.

That's how it's always been for FSDb as well.

SC and BC absolutely do not allow you to look at your screen. Have you ever driven one? They scream at you almost instantly.
Not as severe as reported:

"One journalist I was riding with was able to communicate with his editor, log in to Facebook, and then start a Facebook Live session of him driving hands-free. While I held the camera for the majority of the time, the fact he was able to coordinate that many moving parts while ostensibly driving a car is either impressive or incredibly stupid. (Most of the comments on the post, for what it’s worth, were variants of “Get the **** out of the left lane and let people pass, idiot.”)

Not as severe as reported:

"One journalist I was riding with was able to communicate with his editor, log in to Facebook, and then start a Facebook Live session of him driving hands-free. While I held the camera for the majority of the time, the fact he was able to coordinate that many moving parts while ostensibly driving a car is either impressive or incredibly stupid. (Most of the comments on the post, for what it’s worth, were variants of “Get the **** out of the left lane and let people pass, idiot.”)
I had a F150L for a week and I couldn't even glance at my phone. FSDB/AP is much more lenient on my cars.

But like all things, they vary by car/individual opinion. I consistently change stations and re-route nav without warnings on all of my Teslas.

The nagging is now insane, I never let go of the steering but get nags every few minutes. Tug this way, that way.. it still nags. Then the blue mist appears and no amount of tugging, beyond disengaging will satisfy it. Autopilot is now unusable. That said, it’s better in daylight (still nagging) but the core problem appears to be at night.

Reactions: legendsk
The nagging is now insane, I never let go of the steering but get nags every few minutes. Tug this way, that way.. it still nags. Then the blue mist appears and no amount of tugging, beyond disengaging will satisfy it. Autopilot is now unusable. That said, it’s better in daylight (still nagging) but the core problem appears to be at night.
Cover the camera if you don’t have FSD

Reactions: MB11