Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What issues did you have with it before?
There were a few annoying behaviors:

1. Lane changes were much delayed
2. Car would decelerate very apruptly to adjust to traffic
3. Car would accelerate like crazy when traffic opens-up

#2 and #3 were not comfortable - particularly for the passengers. It felt as if the driver had missed that traffic was slowing down, and then accelerated full throttle the moment it was possible. Now it's much, much smoother!

There were a few annoying behaviors:

1. Lane changes were much delayed
2. Car would decelerate very apruptly to adjust to traffic
3. Car would accelerate like crazy when traffic opens-up

#2 and #3 were not comfortable - particularly for the passengers. It felt as if the driver had missed that traffic was slowing down, and then accelerated full throttle the moment it was possible. Now it's much, much smoother!

I actually liked the previous lane change behavior. It’s so abrupt now that the car will drift to the extreme side of the lane and then correct. Makes it look like sloppy driving.
Also I don’t like how the car doesn’t accelerate as much when traffic speeds up. This leaves a gap which cars will change lanes into causing the Tesla to brake. In California leaving a decent gap is an invitation for this.

I don't understand the problem here. If AP is off, you get a vibration in the steering wheel to notify that you have departed the lane. If AP is on, it keeps you within the lane.
the vibration is not strong and it false enables all the time, the point is when you are distracted or wind or whatever carries you into another lane it will bring u back into your original lane while under manual driving, this on a model 3 loaner saved me

the vibration is not strong and it false enables all the time, the point is when you are distracted or wind or whatever carries you into another lane it will bring u back into your original lane while under manual driving, this on a model 3 loaner saved me
So... you want the car to autosteer with AP off?
I don't think that's a good idea. People won't expect the car to be steering itself with AP off. If you want it to autosteer, just turn on AP. (I haven't had a problem with false enables but if you do, wouldn't that also be a problem for the autosteer?)

So... you want the car to autosteer with AP off?
I don't think that's a good idea. People won't expect the car to be steering itself with AP off. If you want it to autosteer, just turn on AP. (I haven't had a problem with false enables but if you do, wouldn't that also be a problem for the autosteer?)

Model 3 (and I assume AP2/2.5 S) has this feature. The reason why I posted about it a few months ago was because I took too long to clear a few nags and AP was disabled for the rest of the drive. I wondered why lane departure assist wasn’t a feature on this car since it was clearly capable of it.
Even Model 3s without AP purchased have LDA.

Model 3 (and I assume AP2/2.5 S) has this feature. The reason why I posted about it a few months ago was because I took too long to clear a few nags and AP was disabled for the rest of the drive. I wondered why lane departure assist wasn’t a feature on this car since it was clearly capable of it.
Even Model 3s without AP purchased have LDA.

My totally uninformed guess is that this requires the AP hardware to always be somewhat on, almost in a "background mode". It could well be that this is beyond the capabilities of the AP1 computer...