Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The entertainment/radio cuts off after like 10-15min. How do you keep that from going off?

I know what you are getting at; sometimes when seated for long periods of time you have to adjust your butt or the music shuts off. Or when I am working on the car and leave the door and windows open and turn the streaming on I have to go and push on the seat every so often for it to keep playing. I haven't found a way for it to stay on, but that is probably a good thing. Not a big deal to get it going again.

I know what you are getting at; sometimes when seated for long periods of time you have to adjust your butt or the music shuts off. Or when I am working on the car and leave the door and windows open and turn the streaming on I have to go and push on the seat every so often for it to keep playing. I haven't found a way for it to stay on, but that is probably a good thing. Not a big deal to get it going again.

When washing the car I often have something on and I found "starting" the car by pushing the brake works best. I then close the door and leave it running while I wash the car. I have to open the door and push the brake again every 20 minutes or so. It is a bit tricky washing the front window, the wipers keep trying to bat the wash cloth away.

• Funny
Reactions: mspohr
gloomycanineintermediateegret

New MCU1 browser fix: (credit: MCU1 Browser Fix - posted in the teslamotors community)

After performing the steps below, my browser, release notes, and manual all started working:

1) Open Browser
2) Type in "127.0.0.1:8000" into the browser and navigate to it.
3) Once you see "This webpage is not available", browse to your page of choice!

I assume by resolving to localhost, the browser is put into a "completed" state, which it can then start resolving other addresses afterwards. Probably a bug in the underlying browser + embedded code.

Let me know if it works for you!

Edit: Users are also reporting that an MCU reboot and removing any USB drives prior to the steps above are required for this to work.

yep, same here.. 2016 90D.. mine previously going to expire Oct 11th, 2020 (1 year from when i bought).. now says 'included package' in car and 'free unlimited' on tesla.com account. take screenshots now! :)

Context: 2015 90D, Oct 15 build, bought used from Tesla Jan 19.

Before new years, car said premium connectivity expired Dec 31. Now both in car and on Tesla Website, say's premium connectivity is Included/Free unlimited. Anyone else see a change with theirs?

Last edited:

I have an air mattress setup in the back and hang out there during charging/camping trips. So I actually have to reach up and tap the screen/open the door. It's not the end of the world but for reasons like that I would like camp mode.

Context: 2015 90D, Oct 15 build, bought used from Tesla Jan 19.

Before new years, car said premium connectivity expired Dec 31. Now both in car and on Tesla Website, say's premium connectivity is Included/Free unlimited. Anyone else see a change with theirs?
look up the premium connectivity thread. tesla appears to have updated the terms of what dates got grandfathered in on used vehicles. Now used cars purchased before Jan 2020 I believe get it for life.

Reactions: kpeters000