Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged our 2015 Tesla S 85 last night (using scheduled charging option) after it was updated to firmware 40.2.3. I charged it to 80% of the capacity. This morning I am hearing a humming sound from the car. It is 42 degrees in the garage. This did not happen before this update.

It seems that when Tesla adds new functionalities via OTA it messes up some other parts of the code..

Reactions: Droschke
Drive train as I understand it is just battery and motors, any thing else is under the 4 year warranty, unless Tesla decides it is not, like air leaks, rattles, or yellow MCU screen.

Really don't like the pump running all the time. I store the car at 55, operate between 30 and 70. Looks like I will be avoiding the high end of that range.

Reactions: Droschke
Does 2019.40.50 read text messages for MCU 1? Please tell me it does. That important safety feature can't be too hard to implement.

Anyone with AP1 get the new update that reads text messages? Just looking for confirmation that this will be an AP1 feature also!

We have been asking about this for years. Did I miss some rumor that it was about to be released?
Edit—okay I see others have it. Fingers crossed. Although I now use WhatsApp much more than text messaging. Maybe they will add that feature in a few years.

Been seeing people complaining about the regen on the new updates. I'm still on 36.2.3 and have 40.2.3 waiting for install but think I'm gonna hold off.

you didn’t notice it with .36.x.x ? To summarize the many threads going on regarding this, many have claimed that was the update that brought it, and noticed little difference going to .40 .x.x . I never got a .36 update so I noticed it on .40.2.1 going from 2019.32.12.7

But search for yourself; plenty of threads to choose from.

you didn’t notice it with .36.x.x ? To summarize the many threads going on regarding this, many have claimed that was the update that brought it, and noticed little difference going to .40 .x.x . I never got a .36 update so I noticed it on .40.2.1 going from 2019.32.12.7

I'm intentionall still on .32.2.1 for this and several other reasons. It used to be great to get updates from Tesla but now more a mixed bag...

Reactions: kavyboy

But search for yourself; plenty of threads to choose from.
I haven't had much time driving on .36 to notice. I was on .32 for a long while til I had some warranty work done and they forced an update to 36.2.3 and my car pretty much been at the body shop since shortly after that. waiting on telsa's timely part delivery as I get to experience first hand.

Well there are a few AP1 cars that have 2019.50.40.1

just wondering if we got voice to text feature?

this thread has come full circle: 2018.50 to 2019.50

I am hopeful for AP1 and text message support which has been the single most important feature to me I’ve been waiting for. Why else would I have this in my app?

Attachments

• 4991F48B-557A-4505-A554-F7E84437E672.jpeg
    4991F48B-557A-4505-A554-F7E84437E672.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 104