TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BerTX, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Gerk

Gerk Member

Thankful I've only had one more instance of inappropriate braking (that might not have been super in appropriate). I did find out that this update ignores the "Emergency Braking on Autopilot" setting ... because I had been using that option since the first incident ... but it still did it even though I had turned that off. So reported that bug.

I think my worst inappropriate braking incident was with a particular vehicle and hopefully was a one-off kind of thing as it was freakin' scary.

I've done soft reboots a couple of times but I still don't have release notes or web browser rendering :( It's funny because with the previous I was on the web browser was mostly usable for the first time ...

2. AustinP

AustinP Member

Would be interesting to see if the charge can remain at max speed longer (so above 25% SoC).

3. AustinP

AustinP Member

Just open the release notes page and leave it open. Eventually it will load... usually :rolleyes:

4. ckoval7

ckoval7 Mild One

It's always been that way. I wish they would bring back green for clear roads.

• Like x 1
  5. random155

random155 Member

Two things I noticed while driving on 2019.12.1.1 is if you touch the HVAC fan at the bottom of the screen while backing up, the back up camera disappears. I also noticed on AP1 that while using autopilot, my car slowed and stopped behind a STOPPED car at a red light. The car was stopped way ahead of where the car could see it.

6. wart

wart Nosecone Member

I think it did that before. If I recall correctly it's best to not touch the screen at all while backing up, because the backup camera display goes away. I know it happened to me earlier this week and I'm pretty sure it was before I installed this update.

7. wart

wart Nosecone Member

OK, thanks, I guess they added the dark red when they got rid of the green, which was several updates ago.

8. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

I wrote to them about this in January. Touch anything and it goes away.

9. Ketchups

Ketchups Member

DO NOT UPGRADE TO 2019.12.1.1

2018.50.6 was the best for AP1, never had a single issue with anything. After I updated to 2019.12.1.1, I experienced a random MCU reboot the other day and now my sunroof stopped working.

10. Ketchups

Ketchups Member

This pretty much sums up 2019.12.1.1 - BUGS RIGHT OFF THE BAT

I saw 87kW max, so no. Supercharging Station wasn't even full.

11. AustinP

AustinP Member

I agree 50.6 was solid but with bugs that I got used to live with.
    Just a few:
    - MCU starts replacing text with garbage characters or blanks after two weeks. This did not block the functionality but required a reboot to fix it again. For another two weeks.
    - Browser unstable
    - switch from WiFi to 3G meant most of the time Tunein station stalling, and needed to switch channel to get streaming again.
    - Spotify worked but after reboot would need several attempts to get a connection and sometimes another reboot.
    - I’ll stop here as there are more.

So far 12.1.1 has been good to me, though browser remain unstable. For the above issues, Spotify connects perfectly, WiFi to 3g works perfect. Browser remains unstable.

I guess experiences are different as so many parameters come into play: not only the cars have different components over the months as this is part of tesla’s continuous improvement strategy, but also data coverage and provides different from area to area or countries.

But I would not advise to dismiss the latest update.

• Like x 1
  12. PetriKarj

PetriKarj New Member

Must say I love 12.1.1 compared to 50.6, particularly as it feels that AP1 runs smoother and has better awareness. Another big plus is the dog mode which certainly will be appreciated when the summer is here in North.

13. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

Well, over 3/4 of AP1 owners already have now, and I don't think they have changed any operation of the sunroof in a software update since the UI difference in V9, so if it is not working it must be something other than the 12.1.1 update. I have not had any ill-effects from this update yet, other than the volume going up and down randomly just on the first day after the update; hasn't happened since.

After several days I think now I will agree; lane changes turn the steering wheel a little more gradually at the beginning and finishing of the lane change, and I did think it ping ponged a little less until following a car closely, where it searched in the lane a little bit as the car in front blocked the camera from seeing the painted lines far enough ahead. But dog mode was actually contained in the updates before 12.1.1 (such as .8.3 or .8.4)

Seeing the software update history with the new icon from the control screen, which includes release notes which seem to load much more quickly than from tapping the T from the main screen, is welcomed also.

14. aerodyne

aerodyne Member

Build date and model please?

15. Ketchups

Ketchups Member

8/15 Model S

16. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

23E8D3A8-CC91-455A-9DBA-3FDA5649C904.jpeg Wow maybe this preheat does make a difference

• Informative x 1
  17. Ketchups

Ketchups Member

do you use the superchargers often?

18. aerodyne

aerodyne Member

1 have seen 108 at a higher state of charge, 35%...so not sure if the update did much....

19. buddy4406

buddy4406 Member

I'm still on 2018.32.2.3817fdd, I haven't checked my charging speed at the SC in a long time but I use to get over 100. This is on my 2016 P90D.

20. rory breaker

rory breaker Member

I’ve also seen as high as 105ish kw, maybe 108, 2016.5 p90dl. Will check next time I’m at an SC now that I’ve got the update.