Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@verygreen , when/if you get your hands on this one, and if you can have a look, I'd be curious to know if you can spot in the code improvements related to the logging (wearing on eMMC) or nav traffic high update reduction as discussed in the other thread (MCU1 performance improvement & browser improvement. Simple trick by Thomas The Tesla Tuner..)
I have access to it but I am traveling this week so cannot try it myself.

People I know report that the browser persformance is improved and cpu usage is way lower so there's hope it's fixed. I'll look into it on Saturday myself.

Reactions: AustinP
IMG_0182.jpg
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG

I can confirm when I clicked on max battery power I heard the coolant pump come on. I assume it works again. Nice to know future updates are "differentiated" or vehicle specific and not a blanket-update which of course we have all concluded that certain features which work great on AP2 do not work so well on AP1 etc. or in different areas of the world. But then why in my geographic area do I get Swedish language option? :rolleyes:

Edit: ohhh, forgot to try the browser...

Not sure if this is 2019.16.1.1 related, but it's the first time I'm noticing this

The noise is still present about 8 hours later.

On edit: Please make comments in the other thread with your ideas. Losing 1 mile per hour.

Last edited:
2015 S85 12.1.1 have been buggy for me. There are days when lane detection does not work right rendering autopilot useless then there are days where autopilot is flawless. Driver side mirror autodim does not work sometimes too. Just got notification that 16.1.1 update is complete. Will report back for any changes.

OP you are right, AP for me only of four lane divided highways with light traffic. Fugget about any summon, common sense tells me that one camera and a few ultrasonic sensors will not mitigate the complexities of this.

AutoPark I also only use with tall curbs, works surprisingly well for me.

In other words it is a hardware limitation issue, or as someone wisely stated before me "you can't make chicken salad with chicken sxxx".

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I’ve had the update since Saturday morning. Not much AP test so far, but my limited browser tests feels to me like Tesla worked some more on the browser.
I’ve not been able to crash it, which usually with 12.1.1 would happen after browsing between 3 to 5 sites for me (including the Waze site). Once crashed, MCU was still ok, only browser was unresponsive until rebooting.
Now, what I still experience is that Waze site does not always load properly (black window, with just the card details below on the right). But even so, I can just select another favorites or type a new search in the link bar. After a night of sleep, the Waze site does load again, without reboot.
Speed can sometimes be real quick, or slow again, both on 3G and WiFi. Could also be my WiFi fluctuating I guess.
So i’d tend to believe it is much more stable.
Or I’m just lucky so far :)

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
About AP1, indeed not much changed except a new « feature »?
Here, on highways, you are not allowed to take over from the right lane (except in traffic jam).
This used to work since years pretty well: my car would spot slower car in adjacent left lane (car turn light gray), and slow down to the same speed. I could override it by a simple press on the accelerator and the car would remember for the remainder of that drive to ignore that rule.
Now, and also in 12.1.1, it just takes over.

But so for those like me confused by the new EU regulations nerfing messages about AP, it is not impacting AP1. Changing lanes is still working great. And taking sharp turns on some tougher intersections between highways works... as awkwardly as before :D And in fact, the release notes don’t event talk about this, so it is probably only AP2.x and above only.

This used to work since years pretty well: my car would spot slower car in adjacent left lane (car turn light gray), and slow down to the same speed. I could override it by a simple press on the accelerator and the car would remember for the remainder of that drive to ignore that rule.
I don't think mine does this (AP1 2015 MS, Australia) I'll try it out. I'm very happy with AP1

I have a 2016 pre-face lift with AP1 with ver 16.11 and was woundering how to get auto parking to work.
Just driving slowly past a free spot triggers a proposal on the main mcu screen.
Stop the car, press hard enough on the break to activate the Hold.
Then the button to initiate the park is available.

M3 video but same for S and X AP1

Added S/X video

Last edited: