Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... Can't find Dog Mode, manual is greyed out as well.
(I have a P85+ loaner with no AP0 [no AP] while my 85D's MCU is being replaced because of some issue that prevented updates beyond 2018.50.6.)

In the loaner, the Dog Mode button is on the popup that results from touching the fan icon while in Park. In other words, it's been added to the Keep Climate On (after you exit the car) popup.

20.1 installed.
Dog mode improvements.
I noticed now when doing lane change a new warning about checking blind spot. Pops up in IC.
Lane change was already fast, seems even faster, though could be placebo effect of new update :)
No significant change noticed on the remainder of the mcu or browser.

• Informative
Reactions: Gerk and ckoval7
IMG_20190622_171736.jpg

Just got 2019.20.2.1 pushed and installed to my 2016 90D AP1 MCU1 (I have "advanced updates" selected) . At least us with the old clunkers are still getting updates, probably just a version upgrade with no changes to placate us so we think we are still relevant.

I haven't driven her yet, but poking around in the menu I didn't notice anything different except maybe the picture of my car on the main screen is a little more brown and less titanium than I remember. The color of the car on the screen behind the steering wheel still looks the same lighter brown color. It could just be the same and it's different lighting.

Reactions: aesculus
Interesting because according to all the "experts" not one line of code has changed in AP1 for years (ie since AP2).
I'm not one of the "experts", but my understanding is that there has been no change to AP1 (the autopilot system) for a long time. Most of the software updates are for other functionality in the car, not the autopilot system.

People seem to get confused between MCU 1 and AP 1

Reactions: kavyboy
(I have a P85+ loaner with no AP0 [no AP] while my 85D's MCU is being replaced because of some issue that prevented updates beyond 2018.50.6.)

In the loaner, the Dog Mode button is on the popup that results from touching the fan icon while in Park. In other words, it's been added to the Keep Climate On (after you exit the car) popup.

Sounds like an awesome feature. Can I have your MCU please:D

I'm currently keeping mine connected to a null hotspot when not driving just to prevent it from trying to download v9.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tech_Guy
Someone posted on reddit that they found noticeable AP1 improvements on 20.2.1

So found that link
AP1 improvements - 2019.20.2.1 : teslamotors

I guess they jumped and skipped the 2019.20.1 update.

Indeed 20.1 and thus 20.2.1 includes AP1 improvement in lane change.
Very fast. With an added warning at each execution at least in my area.

Well that was a useless read. OP does not say what update he came from.

In one short trip I also found no difference at all in any operation of the car on 2019.20.2.1, but this is compared to 2019.16.2 from which I came from. One day is typically not long enough to try numerous AP and UI features enough times to conclude anything, really, and I didn't try the browser, I didn't charge to 90 or 100% yet etc. So if you already have 2019.16.2 at this point I would say you might as well go with 2019.2.1 I suppose; looks like almost half of the AP1 cars have already.

But I did notice it took a really long time to download this latest update, and it took quite a while to update. For a small update with nothing to say other than bugs and fixes, I am wondering why it seemed so large? I have never had the ability to size the download and compare it with others, but I don't even recall V9 taking this long. I sat in the car while it updated, the car was connected to wifi the whole time... maybe it contains all these new BMS monitors, or many lines of code have been Can anybody comment on the size of this update compared to others?