Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plugged in with 29 miles of rated range and left with 90. Added 60.4 miles of RR or 16.15 kWh

I started with 11% SOC and left with 34%

this is according to TeslaFi.com

does that answer your question?

Yes, thanks. Your car is 4 months younger than mine. Looks like your Rated Miles at 100% should be about 265 (90/0.34), the same as when the car was new.

My 100% was always ~265 miles till 2019.16.x update. After the last home charging yesterday to 90%, it showed 229 miles, expecting the 100% to be ~254 miles (229/0.90). A big drop.

Yes, thanks. Your car is 4 months younger than mine. Looks like your Rated Miles at 100% should be about 265 (90/0.34), the same as when the car was new.

My rated miles at 90% is down to 236 actually. But i’m not all freaking out about it. Once upon a time, and once In a blue my 90% was as high as 243 tho 241 was my more consistent 90%

I rarely charge to more than 90% so I couldn’t tell you what happens at the top of my battery, but again I’m comfortable with this level of degradation, of any.

That said, I only have just under 32,000 miles on my odometer so that may not be so stellar in terms of degradation given such mild usage. But again, it is what it is.

My rated miles at 90% is down to 236 actually. But i’m not all freaking out about it. Once upon a time, and once In a blue my 90% was as high as 243 tho 241 was my more consistent 90%

I rarely charge to more than 90% so I couldn’t tell you what happens at the top of my battery, but again I’m comfortable with this level of degradation, of any.

That said, I only have just under 32,000 miles on my odometer so that may not be so stellar in terms of degradation given such mild usage. But again, it is what it is.

Mine has 43K. My 90% (per last home charge yesterday) is showing now @229 miles. Few weeks ago was @238. A noticeable drop.

• Informative
Reactions: Galve2000
Anyone upgrade to 2016.16.1.1 and have yet to receive 2016.16.2? My Model S (AP1) updated to 2016.16.1.1 on 17 May while I was out of town. I got back on 23 May and when I got in the car, I checked the Software page and it said an update was downloading but appeared to be stuck at 1%. I attempted some reboots and messed around with my firewall thinking maybe something changed with how the updates are being pulled and it started downloading. Got to what appeared to be 100% and was stuck again, so I rebooted the MCU and now it says the software is up-to-date on 2016.16.1.1. I have 'Advanced' selected for software updates.

Installed this morning on my 16 X P90D. Driving on AP feels better. Lane centering was better. Smoother stopping in stop and go traffic.

No browser update. Insane+ feels faster (not sure if this is a placebo effect). Overall good update IMHO.

Btw, came from 2018.50.6

Sorry but your whole post is a placebo. AP 1.0 hasn't been touched since 2018.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gerk and kavyboy
Updated to 2019.16.1.1 and on the next trip immediately saw the autopilot and tacc disabled mode. Rebooting both dash and center console did not resolve it. Finished 25 mile drive manually, then parked for about an hour. When i returned both TACC and autopilot were again functional. On the return trip AP1 appeared less accurate and did react more severely to traffic cutting into the lane by breaking hard. Did check following distance still set to 5 so it does seem to be a regression since 2018.50.6 which was better from a driving perspective.

Yes, it's been interesting seeing reports of the "latest" AP1 updates when, according to @wk057, it hasn't changed in years. Maybe it's a matter of that day's driving conditions.

Well I will admit the amount the car meanders is not predictable, and therefore a little subjective, but I know for a fact that when on 2018 xx when changing lanes by holding the turn signal if the car was not over half the way into the lane by releasing the signal it aborted the lane change. With 2019.12.1.1 only the tires need to in the new lane and releasing the turn signal the car completes the lane change consistently.

I can recall back in fall 2018 I would have to hold the turn signal 3 blinks just to get the blue lane to show dashed in the cluster, and the hold it for another 4 blinks to have the car move into the other lane. Now the whole process is completed with 4 blinks. Consistently.

No, it is not the same.

Reactions: AustinP
Sorry but your whole post is a placebo. AP 1.0 hasn't been touched since 2018.

Have anything to back that up? Just because the sensor package is out of date doesn't mean that we're not going to see overall behavioural changes in AP (regardless of whatever "input" hardware it's using). Does that also mean that you assert that none of the overall AI learning has any affect for AP1 vehicles?

• Disagree
Reactions: immolated
Have anything to back that up? Just because the sensor package is out of date doesn't mean that we're not going to see overall behavioural changes in AP (regardless of whatever "input" hardware it's using). Does that also mean that you assert that none of the overall AI learning has any affect for AP1 vehicles?
It has been stated by @wk057 that there have been no changes in AP1, including neural net, for years. Yes, he would know. It is very, very reasonable to assume that AP1 is unlikely to see any further changes.

Hmm ok. I find that incredibly odd but if he has some inside knowledge I guess it's possible *shrug*. In all the system design I've ever worked with changing inputs didn't mean you tossed the whole setup out and started fresh ... but again, it's possible.

Tesla severed their relationship with Mobile Eye long ago, and the Mobile Eye camera does not utilize a neural net computer. It's its own contained proprietary system. Both 1.0 and 2.0 computer systems are well documented if you care to dive in.

changing inputs didn't mean you tossed the whole setup out and started fresh

That's exactly what Tesla did. Hence why AP 2 was worse than AP 1 for 1-2 years (were you not on these forums?? There were hundreds of posts about it). AP 1.0 has no way of utilizing or receiving AI input.

I have a loaner AP 1.0 with the latest 2019 v9 software, and the AP drives identically to my 2018.3.4.1 software. Veers towards the same left hand offramp on the way to work as it has for the past 1,000 times I've driven that highway. Goes straight towards the same orange construction barriers. Zig-zags on the same hill crests. There is no learning going on.

God though v9 is awful. First time hands on with it and it's worse than I thought. Is there really no way to choose whichever 2 apps you want on the top and bottom still? Doesn't make sense.

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy
Nope I wasn't around, I've just recently come into the Tesla fold with my older model. I know that the AP2+ versions took a while to get working well but didn't know any of the mechanics behind it. It makes a lot of sense for them to ditch and go with a different system if the MobilEye one is so self-contained, basically seems like a SoC sort of approach ... which doesn't bode well for scalability and upgrades.

Updated and ending up going straight to 16.3.

Did a few drives and noticed a slight range drop. Did another one and the RM is back up to 269. AP1 worked fine.

The only difference seems to be much improved internet speed (I have LTE) Almost don't need to reach for the phone.

Can't find Dog Mode, manual is greyed out as well.