Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt it. I have a 2015 P85D that came with 3G. I upgraded it to LTE when I got the ludicrous upgrade.

Same here: March 2015 built P85D+ came with 3G. Upgraded by Tesla Service Center to 4G LTE (complimentary) a couple of years ago after documenting numerous communication errors with 3G. Doubt Tesla would do it complimentary now.

I later upgraded to Ludicrous too. AWESOME improvement over Insane... and now a semi unicorn P85D+

Recently had the MCU2 upgrade done. WOW what an incredible difference! The browser actually works and is very responsive. Seems like the 4G LTE connection is stronger & faster too. Worth the $2,500 to make my MS feel new again! Like going from a Intel Core Duo to a Core i9... or Apple M1.

Planning on keeping my P85D+ until new MS arrives... and FSD becomes a useable reality... hopefully before my Tesla 4-year extended warranty expires in July 2023.

Last edited:
I got 2020.48.26 on December 28th via WiFi at my house. I have SuC'd but haven't tested the SuC speed yet.

164 other Teslas also got 2020.48.26 but not sure how many were 85's https://ev-fw.com/reports.php
Thanks. If you have the occasion to supercharge, would be very interested to know if you notice significant improvement (if you are one of those with lower SuC speed since mid-2019)

I got 2020.48.26 on December 28th via WiFi at my house. I have SuC'd but haven't tested the SuC speed yet.

164 other Teslas also got 2020.48.26 but not sure how many were 85's https://ev-fw.com/reports.php

Downloaded the full ev-fw data as CSV and filtered (2021-01-02 10:33 UTC+1):

877 cars in total
287 with 20.48.26
eight are 85 or 85D plus one 60

Could someone with access to the teslafi data, which has a significant bigger number of participating cars, have a look?

BR! Oaito.

Are you certain that it’s available for EU cars? Mine is AP1 and since some previous updates (was it at the end of 2019?) my car does not perform line changes any more. Only exemption was this one reported here: AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6
Yes, lane changes works for me, but was indeed nerfed and only works on high ways.

Used to work also on national roads previously, but indeed thanks to EU (and suspiciously EU car manufacturers lobbies), not anymore.

877 cars in total
287 with 20.48.26

Could someone with access to the teslafi data, which has a significant bigger number of participating cars, have a look?

BR! Oaito.
There is no download in TeslaFi that I know about, but one can copy/paste the content of a page in Excel and get the same result.
The open pages allows to list only specific versions details, you can then further filter in excel.

The problem with TeslaFi seems that some users/customers have not correctly defined their car (seems this can be done manually, or they changed car and it did not update?) and hence appears as AP1 or something else while their are not.

877 cars in total
287 with 20.48.26

BR! Oaito.

I have never done any spreadsheet filtering, but anyone can click on the firmware version in Teslafi, and it will show every single car on that version if you scroll down. The AP version might be incorrect as AustinP suggests, but you can see the actual vehicle (battery size) under model.

Sorry, not going to go through all 6382 cars and count :)

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 5.48.52 AM.png

the list is much longer than this of course; this is just a screenshot.

Reactions: SmartElectric
...just filtered on Teslafi for Version 2020.48.26 e3178ea25 and got 6378 cars, marked and copied it into a spreadsheet, then filtered for *85* cars:

34 cars with 2020.48.26 and 14 of them with AP1, one listed as AP3 and 19 w/o AP version or "AP0".

23 in USA
3 in Canada
7 in Europe incl. Switzerland (1)
1 in Australia

When filtering all cars for AP1 it shows 28 cars (70, 75, 85, 90).

None *85* or AP1 from the 4131 cars listed with 2020.48.30 as of now, yet the 24 with *90* are listed with either AP2, AP3 or none.

As a side note, some time ago I've asked teslafi apout the AP versions mismatches. AFAIR the reported data from the car was messed up. But the error seems only marginal, while goning through the tables I've counted less than nine *85* listing themselves with >AP1.

We are an exclusive group in this thread! ;)

BR! Oaito.

Took the plunge on 2020.48.12.1.....

Spotify improvements include the inability to play tracks from albums previously liked.

Had to add and like a new album before I could select tracks via touchscreen or wheel buttons.

Either that or Elon is angry at Grimes for some reason...

Took a long drive after update and noted no changes to battery capacity or range.

Media improvements were a plus overall since I don't use USB music.

Regen was limited at pack temp of 58 deg F to about 45 Kw. If the regen approached the limit the arc display would bounce a bit.

Limit started to increase at 65.8 F. Suddenly disappeared at 66.4F. this might be higher than it was before by a degree of so, but not a big deal to modulate the go pedal more. Gentle drive of 70 miles got about 260wh/mi.

Will do a SuC test soon.

Reactions: SmartElectric
We got 2020.48.26 on 12/25/20 for our 2015 AP1 S85 here in germany.

I supercharged the car on 12/31/20 on V2 from 9 to 80% and took a video, including Scan My Tesla live data.
No change in charging speed compared to earlier versions.

- Software 2020.48.26 (Xmas 2020 Update)
- 2 deg. celsius outside temp
- 40 min drive to Supercharger V2 with active preconditioning
- 32 deg. celsius initial battery temp
- 12 stall Supercharger station with only me charging

Video:

If you could supercharge I am really interested if our charging curve on our 85’s improved too.

I haven't been doing updates (on Ver8) and have booth noticed and heard from an employee (FWIW) charge rates were dialed down for customers not taking delivery (kiosks were full of unplated cars). My curve, obviously unaffected by version, has dropped to ~60KW on DCFC, after only about 70-90 miles of charge. My belief is this can be VIN driven at the mother-ship, not just by software versions. For example, I pulled in toward the end of that delivery day (~6:30) and what was a froze 32KW rate, earlier, was back up to 100KW+, before rapid taper.

A lot has to do with cold batteries, versus warm, I think on this day. But as far as being convinced of VIN control, the sales associate's indication of throttled speeds was spot on. -Cold batteries don't start with and hold 32KW charge rates after 70 miles of charge. They usually go up, as they warm (YMMV).

I am not excluding that software versions are also playing a role. I know, at least, the service teams know the VINs of every charging car, because I've seen it on their screen, without asking to have my car/charger brought up. If you're downloading software and connecting to Tesla, you are ultimately submitting to its control of your "gas cap". Whether software versions, or its decision about your VIN, on any given day, it reinforces charging at home.

• Informative
Reactions: oaito
But as far as being convinced of VIN control, the sales associate's indication of throttled speeds was spot on. -Cold batteries don't start with and hold 32KW charge rates after 70 miles of charge. They usually go up, as they warm (YMMV).

Since you are on v8 I presume you will not do an CCS upgrade.

Does anyone with CCS Upgrade around here downgraded the f/w afterwards and then noticed during supercharging or CCS-charging (with a warm battery) a degraded charge rate?

BR! Oaito.

Last edited: