Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I went forward with the most recent update and there are no changes that I can detect in the Autopilot of my 2015 S70D AP1/MCU2. I guess that is good news. As soon as someone sees an update with changes to our Autopilot, I hope someone will comment.
Is it possible that "Mobile-Eye" equipped cars with Autopilot are exempt from the changes?

So, I went forward with the most recent update and there are no changes that I can detect in the Autopilot of my 2015 S70D AP1/MCU2. I guess that is good news. As soon as someone sees an update with changes to our Autopilot, I hope someone will comment.
Is it possible that "Mobile-Eye" equipped cars with Autopilot are exempt from the changes?
I’m not sure what else they could do on AP1 cars. Possibly defeat device detection? Or just more nags?

It looks like there are possibly a few "Undocumented" updates in this one. I just loaded it on my car - but haven' driven anywhere yet.

Most of the undocumented changes look fine to me: 2024.2.2.1 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates
I'd say those security improvements could be worth it if you don't ever plan to mod/hack your car, it looks like a lot of hacks were discovered at the last "Pwn2Own Automotive 2024" convention: Tesla hacked, 24 zero-days demoed at Pwn2Own Automotive 2024

I haven't searched everywhere to see if this is posted somewhere, but I don't see it here in the last few pages- this came in exactly 1 minute after midnight this morning- For us Canadians:

Transport Canada Recall Number: 2023-657

Tesla Recall Number: SB-23-00-008

Your VIN: 5Y

Dear Tesla Owner,

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act. This is to inform you that your vehicle may contain a defect that could affect the safety of a person. Tesla has decided that a defect related to motor vehicle safety exists in certain model year 2012–2023 Model S, 2016–2023 Model X, 2018–2023 Model 3 and 2020–2023 Model Y vehicles. Our records show that you are the owner of a vehicle affected by this action.

REASON FOR THIS RECALL

In certain circumstances when Autosteer is engaged, the prominence and scope of the feature’s controls may not be sufficient to prevent driver misuse of Autopilot, increasing the risk of a collision.

WHAT TESLA WILL DO

At no cost to you, Tesla will deploy an over-the-air (“OTA”) firmware update to affected vehicles, incorporating additional controls and alerts to those already existing on affected vehicles to further encourage drivers to adhere to their continuous driving responsibility whenever Autosteer is engaged.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO

No further action is required. When the firmware remedy is available, it will automatically be deployed to your vehicle through an over-the-air update. We will notify you once this update is available.

If you no longer own the vehicle, update vehicle ownership in your Tesla Account. For more details on adding or removing vehicles from your Tesla Account, visit www.tesla.com/support/account-support#add-remove-products. If you have any questions, contact us at www.tesla.com/support/contact or by calling 1-877-79-TESLA
(1-877-798-3752).

Any lessor who receives this notice shall send the notice and any subsequent notices to the lessee within 10 business days of receipt.

Thank you for being a Tesla owner. We are committed to ensuring that your vehicle provides you with the highest possible level of safety.

TESLA, INC.

I haven't searched everywhere to see if this is posted somewhere, but I don't see it here in the last few pages- this came in exactly 1 minute after midnight this morning- For us Canadians:

Transport Canada Recall Number: 2023-657

Tesla Recall Number: SB-23-00-008

Your VIN: 5Y

Dear Tesla Owner,
[...]

I also received this same email, at exactly midnight this morning Feb 10th.
My 2015 MS 70D with AP1/MCU2 is currently on 2024.2.2.1, last update was 6 days ago.

Anyone have any issues with 2023.44.30.14
i just got the notification its ready to download this evening
I already installed 2024.2.2.1 on 2/5/24. It's odd to me that they are releasing an newer version of the older build.

The only issue I've found in 2024.2.2.1 (so maybe it isn't applicable) is that when you use navigation and you click on the "Next turn" direction on the top left to see the whole route and then click on it again to go back to the normal directions, the zoom level is still at max and not zoomed in normally. You need to click on the icon on the top right 3 times to change from "Trip View", "North Up", and then "Car Up" to automatically get to zoom back to normal. I forget if this issue was present on the 2023.44.xx build but it is a little annoying when traveling and trying to view your route.

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
I installed 2024.2.7 today…
Update I've had it disable my AP 4 times now in 2 days but it still lets me use it after I put it in park and start driving again.

It can do the white flash a seemingly infinite amount of times and it doesn't care but once it starts the beep that's the problem. It gets to the beep phase and you touch the wheel it's fine for the first 2 times it goes that long. But once it beeps for the third time it's disabled for the rest of the drive.

So basically it's annoying but it hasn't disabled it for longer than the current drive. Also the time before the notice comes up hasn't changed it's still an average of 18 seconds at 80 mph.

Update I've had it disable my AP 4 times now in 2 days but it still lets me use it after I put it in park and start driving again.

It can do the white flash a seemingly infinite amount of times and it doesn't care but once it starts the beep that's the problem. It gets to the beep phase and you touch the wheel it's fine for the first 2 times it goes that long. But once it beeps for the third time it's disabled for the rest of the drive.

So basically it's annoying but it hasn't disabled it for longer than the current drive. Also the time before the notice comes up hasn't changed it's still an average of 18 seconds at 80 mph.
That is very helpful, thanks for your research. The most I usually get is the 1x beep once per drive when its a straight road and I am in deep conversation with someone and only checking the road and not the screen so I don't think the lockout should affect me much.

That is very helpful, thanks for your research. The most I usually get is the 1x beep once per drive when its a straight road and I am in deep conversation with someone and only checking the road and not the screen so I don't think the lockout should affect me much.
Yeah I either have my hand on the wheel or use my knee to keep pressure on it when I'm driving normally, but I was doing this for science.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec