Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 P85/P90D Firmware Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think some of the issues were related to folks trying to use their cars while the map update was running in the background, having resource issues (slowness etc) and then rebooting, causing the map update to restart and potentially corrupting the file. I think MCU 1 cars struggle with resources more, while MCU 2 cars can probably handle this running in the background better.

I think tesla should recommend owners let the map update complete over WiFi before driving the car. They should really separate the updates so you can pick a specific time to apply the map update (overnight) seeing as it took over 4 hours.

Any feedback on 2019.28.3.1? I just got the update notification. Starting to get somewhat pointless with these updates seeing as nothing in the release notes actually apply (chess, adaptive suspension etc). Would be nice if tesla was actually forthcoming about what was really in the update as it applies to each car.

Any feedback on 2019.28.3.1? I just got the update notification. Starting to get somewhat pointless with these updates seeing as nothing in the release notes actually apply (chess, adaptive suspension etc). Would be nice if tesla was actually forthcoming about what was really in the update as it applies to each car.
But you do get Chess!
A lot of the updates fix bugs and change things on the back end not necessarily noticeable to the user. They don't put that stuff in the release notes. I didn't notice the update break anything.

Are you sure? Did it come with this update? I thought it came with 24.4. I have 24.4 but don't have chess. I suck at chess :|
I didn't notice having Chess before the 28.3.1 update. I usually try out the new features listed in the release notes, and didn't open that app until this update. I did find a weird bug with exiting Chess, but it's not the end of the world. I started a thread for it here: Can anyone else reproduce this bug?

I'm starting to not look forward to update alerts. It seems that our cars aren't really up to the improvements hardware wise but each incremental update comes with the potential for bugs. The latest is the Bluetooth one that causes all sorts of issues with streaming from my mobile device and calls. I don't even care about chess or mario cart. I just want my features to work properly.

Personally, I feel as though it's time Tesla invested some serious resources into shoring up the firmware for older MCU1 cars to address all known bugs and then let us sail off into the sunset with a perfectly functioning and bug-free experience for the remainder of time. The idea of "future-proof" with "software updates for life" seems appealing but I feel like there's a large negative that we may have overlooked that most of us older cars are living currently.

Tesla, if you're reading, we just want our cars to function as advertised. No stupid games or farts. Just make our cars work properly. It shouldn't be a back & forth game of new bugs presenting themselves with each new update.

• Love
Reactions: thecloud and J.J.
So far, everything that has been working, is still working. On that note, everything that has not been working is still not working. Push-to-talk still lags and times out the first time you press the button. Bluetooth calls still require a quick slide of the volume button to get audio to come through, although I will say that since .24, I've had quite a few occasions where I haven't had to do that, so who knows, maybe it's becoming self aware and will fix itself eventually :rolleyes:.

Some people have reported poor A2DP performance with Bluetooth. I use the built in Slacker radio, so I haven't tested it yet. I do know there is significant Bluetooth lag though (watching Netflix on iPad but playing audio over Bluetooth results in about a 1 second lag). I haven't tested to see if that's improved, but knowing what causes this, I highly doubt it's fixed.

Chess works, however the fact that it beat me in about 12 moves doesn't mean it's good... I'm just that bad :D

I have confirmed that the bug that @ckoval7 found is reproducible. Basically, if you use easy entry, when you exit the arcade, it activates easy entry and moves your seat/steering wheel to the easy entry position.

Didn't test the changes to dog mode. I don't have a pet that's allowed in the car.

It feels like AP's lane keep corrections are a lot smoother. After .24, the car felt like a bowling ball going down a lane with bumper rails up.

Will do a range/consumption check tomorrow as well as a vampire test tonight. I drove the car home on max battery power, so it used a bit more battery than usual.

Car still puts a smile on my face every day.

Let me know if there's something you want me to test/validate before you run the update. I have the scan tool/cable and ScanMyTesla as well as a dragy.

So far, everything that has been working, is still working. On that note, everything that has not been working is still not working. Push-to-talk still lags and times out the first time you press the button. Bluetooth calls still require a quick slide of the volume button to get audio to come through, although I will say that since .24, I've had quite a few occasions where I haven't had to do that, so who knows, maybe it's becoming self aware and will fix itself eventually :rolleyes:.

Some people have reported poor A2DP performance with Bluetooth. I use the built in Slacker radio, so I haven't tested it yet. I do know there is significant Bluetooth lag though (watching Netflix on iPad but playing audio over Bluetooth results in about a 1 second lag). I haven't tested to see if that's improved, but knowing what causes this, I highly doubt it's fixed.

Chess works, however the fact that it beat me in about 12 moves doesn't mean it's good... I'm just that bad :D

I have confirmed that the bug that @ckoval7 found is reproducible. Basically, if you use easy entry, when you exit the arcade, it activates easy entry and moves your seat/steering wheel to the easy entry position.

Didn't test the changes to dog mode. I don't have a pet that's allowed in the car.

It feels like AP's lane keep corrections are a lot smoother. After .24, the car felt like a bowling ball going down a lane with bumper rails up.

Will do a range/consumption check tomorrow as well as a vampire test tonight. I drove the car home on max battery power, so it used a bit more battery than usual.

Car still puts a smile on my face every day.

Let me know if there's something you want me to test/validate before you run the update. I have the scan tool/cable and ScanMyTesla as well as a dragy.
Streaming music via built-in Slacker or podcasts via built-in TuneIn would be fine except there's another firmware bug playing against that: whenever I get in & my phone pairs it will start streaming Slacker or TuneIn again but the podcast I was previously listening too on my phone will also start streaming in the background even though you can't hear it. The result is that the next time I want to listen to a podcast on my phone I'm several minutes ahead from where I was. Worse is that if it goes on for long enough it will play through entire episodes and mine is set to automatically delete episodes after I listen to them. Let me tell you how fun that was discovering for the first time.

Oh, FYI if you're on a call in your car and you go to the arcade to play a game, your steering wheel controls to unmute/hangup or increase/decrease volume are disabled.

Was showing my daughter chess while on a conference call and couldn't unmute. The mute control is exclusive to the car, not the phone, so I had to exit the arcade before I could unmute myself.

This is not a bug considering the steering wheel controls are used in the arcade. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the manual somewhere. This is in the "how to fix stupid" category:p

Did anyone notice that the reduce sound on door open already existed? Is there suppose to be some difference in the new 28.3.1 version??

I will probably jinx it now but after updating my vampire drain went from losing about 4 miles a day to actually gaining one mile over night. I don't think temperature had anything to do with it.

I think I realised the point of the arcade updates. If you can prove you are a super human at chess and 2048 and asteroids and lander etc then you will probably be selected by Tesla for a Mars mission thing!

Just got notified of a pending update. I'm on 28.3.1. Checking Teslafi, there have been virtually no AP1 cars getting 32 and 32.1 so I don't think I'm going to hit the update button. The only info I can see regarding .32/1 is more specific to the model 3. Anyone got any pertinent info? I'm assuming this is to address the keyfob security issue. I'm seriously not concerned about it seeing as my car is constantly complaining about "Key not detected" and it's in my freakin cup holder :confused: