Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 / 8.1 : "Cruise Not Available"-AP intermittently not working in 17.11.{3,10} versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, I did this and nothing BUT I decided to change it up.

Instead of Powering off, reboot the center screen AND the IC. When the system came back up I went to go enable all the driver assistance stuff and it was already enabled. Freaky right? I started driving and everything was working!!!!!

Oh what a beautiful drive home it was!

This seemed to work. Thanks!

Reactions: Tomnook
I have a similar situation, with a twist (MS, March delivery). AP and TACC did work well for me up to and including the upgrade to 8.1 (1.7.11.3). I had virtually no calibration time when I upgraded to 1.7.11.3 and TACC/Autosteering worked as advertised at the higher speeds. Last week during a service appointment Tesla upgraded me to 1.7.11.10 and ever since I either have zero Autosteering/TACC (although the lanes & speed limit signs show up) or at best the Autosteering works only up to 60mph/90kph. Autosteer/Autobreak is also really jumpy, constantly breaking due to phantom cars (especially when cars are in adjacent lanes in front of me on motorways (even when waaaay ahead of me) and freaking out at tunnel entrances, etc. I have rebooted several times and once got the Autosteer back to running smoothly up to 130kph, but now it's back to 90kph and jerky driving.

I haven't had any AP functionality at all since the 8.1 update. Still waiting for 17.14.23.... This morning out of the blue I had full functionality and even my headlights worked properly on auto setting. Then my next two trips I was back to zero functionality. Just had one brief taste of what it will be like.....

I haven't had any AP functionality at all since the 8.1 update. Still waiting for 17.14.23.... This morning out of the blue I had full functionality and even my headlights worked properly on auto setting. Then my next two trips I was back to zero functionality. Just had one brief taste of what it will be like.....
17.14.23 did not fix the issue for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
17.14.23 did not fix the issue for me.

Damn, I've been waiting for that update hoping it would resolve the issue. I've had the exact same issues as everyone here (headlights always on, no TACC/autosteer, issues disappear on approx 10% of drives).

I had 17.11.3 for a few days and had no issues with that version.

SC are saying technical are aware of the issue which will be resolved in a future update but there's no timescale for this.

Has anyone heard of SC's reverting a car to a previous firmware? I'm sure if I could get back to 17.11.3 everything would be fine until they do a proper fix.

Damn, I've been waiting for that update hoping it would resolve the issue. I've had the exact same issues as everyone here (headlights always on, no TACC/autosteer, issues disappear on approx 10% of drives).

I had 17.11.3 for a few days and had no issues with that version.

SC are saying technical are aware of the issue which will be resolved in a future update but there's no timescale for this.

Has anyone heard of SC's reverting a car to a previous firmware? I'm sure if I could get back to 17.11.3 everything would be fine until they do a proper fix.

I'm not sure a previous version is going to help. I have 17.11.3 and I have the same issues (no TACC/autosteer). Going on 2 weeks with this issue and no fix yet.

Reactions: sdorn
AP not working for me above 35 mph!
Was working fine till Tuesday morning, Then suddenly doesn't work above 35 mph. Also maps have a loading issue too. Wouldn't start navigation and keep on loading the route infinitely until cancelled manually.

March 2017 car, 1600 miles on it. Was working fine after upgrade, but having issues since Tuesday evening.

Another update on Scarlett: Without a software update, and with TeslaFi still enabled, my AP2 functions started working again yesterday, and have continued to do so for several consecutive short (10-20 km) drives. I did notice that the car seemed to be coming out of a sleep state when it began working again, that is, the IC was still booting up with the "T" logo when I opened the door to enter.

I have a long trip (~1,200 km) planned for tomorrow through Friday, so I am crossing my fingers that at least TACC remains functional! A lot of it is divided highway (Trans-Canada and Coquihalla), so this will be my first chance to try AP2 AutoSteer at full speed, IFF it has actually calibrated itself finally!

[forgot to press post on this last Tuesday, further update on the trip to follow...]