TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AP2 Autosteer on Northern State Parkway

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by wesley888, Jan 26, 2017.

1. wesley888

wesley888 Member

Today I picked up my daughter from Roosevelt Field Mall back to Huntington. We hit a bit of heavy traffic on Northern State Parkway. I was on the left lane and the traffic was almost standing still at time. I engaged the auto-steer and it immediately hugged to the right. So I steered it back to the center of the lane to disengaged it. Tried it again further down the road, and it immediately hugged to the right again. So I gave up auto-steep and just use TACC.

When the traffic eased up, I sped up and drove normally. Then I've noticed I was hugging to the right of the lane myself, to avoid riding on the storm drain on the left side of the lane. I guess the Fleet's Deep Learning already learn how people drive on this part of Northern State Parkway. :) If it is, that is quite amazing!

upload_2017-1-26_17-43-51.png

• Informative x 1
  2. debuggr

debuggr Member

Do you have experience with AP1 on the same route? My AP1 car does that when there's a median at about that distance. Not saying it's not ML, but it might just be the ultrasonic sensors picking up the median.

• Informative x 1
  3. wesley888

wesley888 Member

This is my first Tesla. Never tried AP1. My car will be in service this coming Monday, and I requested a loaner. So, I may have a chance to try AP1.

4. wesley888

wesley888 Member

Got an old Model S loaner today. It doesn't even have AP. No way to compare it.