TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AP2 Glovebox

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Cosmica, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Cosmica

Cosmica Member

I think another difference between the Model S AP1 and AP2 cars that I have not seen mentioned before is the glovebox. Several "hints and tips" pages say that there is a niche for the EV plug charge adapter at the left-back of the glovebox. I have looked for this several times (I guess I am OCD) and have not been able to find any such niche.
    Does anyone know that the AP2 glovebox is different? I am guessing that it is smaller.

2. Vger

Vger Active Member

Yes, this is true. But I suspect that the change happened with the "refresh" of the Model S earlier last year, some months prior to the AP2 introduction. Lots of changes were made to the front end of the car, beyond just the new fascia.

We have one early-2015 car that still has the niche, and my new P100D, which does not have it.

3. Cosmica

Cosmica Member

Thanks- its too bad they have not created a replacement. Right now I am using a cup holder, so I can accommodate one less cup!

4. lunitiks

lunitiks ˭ ˭ ʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽ ʭ ʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼ ˭ ˭

Reason might be that the Nvidia PX2 unit is right on top of the glove box.

Facelift introduction was perhaps preparation for this

5. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Dismember

Apparently so: I have a facelift AP 1.0, and I looked for the spot in my glovebox too, without success.

6. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

The small space in the glove box for the adapter has come and gone over the years. It may have left again with the refresh, but not all pre-refresh cars had it.