Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 is finally catching up...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished a 1000 mile trip from SF to Vegas with AP2 after doing this trip 8 times with AP1. It was quite relaxing just like AP1. On straight sections of road I felt comfortable enough that I could've let go of the wheel, basically no interventions on I-5.

On curvy mountain passes I took over and used TACC. It performed slightly worse than ap1 tracking tight curves but honestly I never felt comfortable doing that with AP1 with trucks beside me either.

Definitely looking forward to future updates. Like the poster above said, the rate of improvement from 17.11 to 17.17 in just a matter of under 2 months reinforces my faith in Tesla's ability to deliver on their goals.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I'll add to this. Just drove a ton this weekend with my EAP MX. Dramatic improvement from just a couple weeks ago. This improvement gives me tremendous confidence in Tesla's self driving program. I felt extremely confident with the car is many different situations!
Is your confidence coming from 17.17.4 or 17.17.17? I like 17.17.4 but think it still needs improvements, and waiting to see what .17 has to offer...

Just finished a 1000 mile trip from SF to Vegas with AP2 after doing this trip 8 times with AP1. It was quite relaxing just like AP1. On straight sections of road I felt comfortable enough that I could've let go of the wheel, basically no interventions on I-5.

On curvy mountain passes I took over and used TACC. It performed slightly worse than ap1 tracking tight curves but honestly I never felt comfortable doing that with AP1 with trucks beside me either.

Definitely looking forward to future updates. Like the poster above said, the rate of improvement from 17.11 to 17.17 in just a matter of under 2 months reinforces my faith in Tesla's ability to deliver on their goals.
Totally agreed!