Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 update 17.7.2 new Autopark and Local autosteer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have AP2 (look at my signature), but that is the version my car shows.

Now, can someone please answer my Qs. Does EVERYONE have these features now? Has it been pushed to the entire fleet?

Oh, sorry, but you might be the only one having that on an AP2 car. v8.0(17.7.2) is for AP2 and has autostreer on local streets and parallel autopark. There's several threads about it.
https://ev-fw.com/track-reports.php

• Informative
Reactions: ToddS
I've been trying 17.7.2 on a brand new AP2 MX in San Francisco and it's essentially useless. I'm tempted to see if it will actually sideswipe a parked vehicle, but every time it gets close enough to do so, I, umm, chicken out of that test. Bing bong it is.

Has anyone actually seen it get crazy close and then correct itself? Or, perhaps more interestingly, has anyone actually crashed? Today, the vehicle drove me onto the shoulder between a car and a construction wall on 3rd Street. That was awesome. The other drivers thought I was drunk.

I have also never seen an Autopark indicator of any sort, ever. User error? Or have others simply not had it offered? (There's no calibration period, right?)
No calibration in my case, but there is an art to getting the offer, drive close the the two cars with opening between, and go all the way past the opening. Post below mentions it.
AP2 update 17.7.2 new Autopark and Local autosteer

Summon is not yet active for new cars (with HW2). When it will be activated is unknown, but we just had auto (parallel) park activated on the last update, so hopefully before long.
Thanks Veritas1980. I appreciate the update. I'm a bit surprised, thinking that having HW2 would at least have all the functionality of HW1. I feel like just spent a lot on a deprecated car without all the promised functionality. The P100D is fun to drive. It so fast it scares my wife. I guess I'll be keeping my hands on the wheel for a while longer. Looking forward to future updates.

Thanks Veritas1980. I appreciate the update. I'm a bit surprised, thinking that having HW2 would at least have all the functionality of HW1. I feel like just spent a lot on a deprecated car without all the promised functionality. The P100D is fun to drive. It so fast it scares my wife. I guess I'll be keeping my hands on the wheel for a while longer. Looking forward to future updates.
Based on your post, I did some searching and found this tweet from Elon Musk 3:43 PM - 21 Jan 2017:
Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today. Please be cautious. Some cars will require adjustment of camera pitch angle by service.
Tesla's Autopilot Update Now Rolling Out To HW2 Model S, Model X Vehicles

Since I don't have the Autopilot functionality, it seems you're right about it being delayed in HW2 with vers 8. But odd that EM would tweet that it was rolling out in January when my car was delivered just two days ago.

Based on your post, I did some searching and found this tweet from Elon Musk 3:43 PM - 21 Jan 2017:
Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today. Please be cautious. Some cars will require adjustment of camera pitch angle by service.

Since I don't have the Autopilot functionality, it seems you're right about it being delayed in HW2 with vers 8. But odd that EM would tweet that it was rolling out in January when my car was delivered just two days ago.

You will probably get a update within the next couple of days that will give you the limited AP like the other HW2 cars have. But the summon function (which I dearly miss) is probably not a high priority right now since the big selling point is the AP (autosteer) and they need to make this work first.

"deprecated" is definitely not the correct term. Software for AP2 is not completely ready yet, but at some point (2nd half of 2017?) AP2 will have more advanced features than AP1.

QS, I'm currently at the dealer after pickup 3 days ago. I had another issues with the spoiler squeaking. They are also "pushing" the latest update to my vehicle since its software is behind (I have no autopilot). What I am told (not saying this is absolutely true, just what I am told by service) is that if your vehicle is delivered behind in the most current software version, the next time an update is pushed, your car will be brought up to the latest version.

As a follow-up, did your car then get the correct AP2 software? And can you use some of the features?

Yes. It took a bit.

At the SC, it kept failing to load. So they contacted California and when I got home, it showed an update was ready. DL'd and everything is fine except...

Apparently there is an issue with some with a warning I have coming on in the morning. According to my SC, it is a known problem that Tesla is aware of and it will be corrected next time I am in.

Yes. It took a bit.

At the SC, it kept failing to load. So they contacted California and when I got home, it showed an update was ready. DL'd and everything is fine except...

Apparently there is an issue with some with a warning I have coming on in the morning. According to my SC, it is a known problem that Tesla is aware of and it will be corrected next time I am in.
If it's the "autopilot features not available" warning, ignore it. We all have that. But now you are current on software, what is your version?

|v8.0(17.7.2)| AP2 |

How did you spend that much on this car and have no idea where hw2 is compared to hw1, why that is -( dumping of mobile eye and going in house ) .

I am mind blown how someone can spend $150k on a car and know so little about the company , the progress and why.....

I know many many people who don't even own them that know much of this stuff.

This is a tech product more than it is a car like a Ferrari ...

• Disagree
Reactions: croman and disagree
Autosteer on internal roads is dangerous right now. In my limited testing, it veered off-lane on almost every intersection, tends to ignore bike lanes, touched the right curb once and drove on the wrong side of the street for about 100 yards before I disengaged autosteer.
It's not meant at all to go through intersections . So if you're driving it as it's not intended, then yes - it would be dangerous ....

• Disagree
Reactions: disagree
I thought to list what's working with this AP2 release, though now outdated. Probably no a good idea to list this stuff because something is bound to be a little OFF.......... oh well, somewhere there should be this kind of info by update rev..

|v8.0(17.7.2)| AP2 |

PUP non-PUP Note

TACC Y Y

Auto steer FWY 50mph Y Y

Auto steer local 40mph Y Y

Auto park parallel Y Y

Auto park perpendicular N N

Headlight autodim N N

App Summons N N

FOB Summons N N Press/hold FOB top, then frunk or trunk

Driver door close w/brake pedal Y Y

Self-Presenting driver door Y N Enable automatic doors