TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AP2 update 17.7.2 new Autopark and Local autosteer

Discussion in 'Model X' started by leletyM3, Feb 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. leletyM3

leletyM3 Member

Just got the update like an hour ago and now have the autopark parallel and local autosteer on my AP2 MX

2. Tjhappel

Tjhappel Member

I just did also, I won't have a chance to use it till Monday tho... will you update us if the squiggly lines get better on the freeway or anywhere for that matter?

• Helpful x 1
  3. krazineurons

krazineurons krazineurons

please change the title, it's misleading

• Like x 3
  4. RRM998

RRM998 Member

I was updated to 17.7.2 today (Thursday). Auto steer never appeared on any of the surface streets I tried.

5. Hans Allis

Hans Allis Member

Seems to be US only for now, right?

6. mohanman

mohanman Member

#7 mohanman, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Drove around a lot today trying autosteer on local roads. For most part worked ok, a few times i had to take over, felt scary around bends
    Can't wait for full self driving!

Update:

Autosteer + rain storm = scared crapless.

• Like x 1
  7. RR Runabout

RR Runabout Member

I got it this evening... The car reported on the main display it was complete and to "press close" the car rebooted a few times and then on the dashboard it said to "software upgrade please contact Tesla" ... So I called support and they could see the car and stated that it was in the middle of the upgrade and to be patient.. The car really seem to thrash... make a bunch of noises, cycle, reboot.. So I was patient and eventually my phone signaled the upgrade was complete... Now to test ;-)

• Like x 1
  8. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

Has anyone attempted auto park? I had .36 update and now 7.2 so only thing new is auto park but I haven't found a good location to attempt yet. I had read some owners with HW1 post that there vehicle curbed wheels while auto parking. Hopefully, with all the additional cameras on the HW2 vehicles this will not be any issue!

9. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Autopark for Parallel, but not Perpendicular, shows at the beginning of release notes. There is an art to getting the offer for self parking, and I had 8 months of practice with AP1 car. So I went out to check it. The "P" is located differently, more to the side of the car in cluster display, rather than up at diagonal. Maybe this is is where Parallel "P" is, and Perpendicular "P", someday, might show up above?

Final park position more forward than it should be, but spacing to curb was great.

Autosteer worked on my local road to coffee shop, no erratic behavior, but need a lot more testing, just got this update today.

|v8.0(17.7.2)| AP2-HW2 | PUP |

Attached Files:

10. Dylan

Dylan Member

How does this work for tight spaces? I live in Amsterdam and parking here is pretty cramped. We're also used to much smaller vehicles then the MX. Picking up my X in a few hours!

• Like x 1
  11. Hans Allis

Hans Allis Member

Enjoy, Dylan :) Hope they have the latest firmware on it so you can tell us how well it does.

12. leletyM3

leletyM3 Member

Sorry for the title, I meant to write "New" and not "No" I don't think I can edit the title. Loving the new updates on the car!

13. DrMatt

DrMatt Member

Anyone outside of the US got the update? Still no sign in UK :(

14. Hans Allis

Hans Allis Member

Not yet according to ev-fw.com (except for Canada)

15. Tomnook

Tomnook Member

The Birmingham, UK SC informed me yesterday "reckon in the next couple of days, keep connecting to wifi:)"
    Perhaps not worth holding your breath though! :rolleyes:

16. adwang

adwang Member

Got the update last night. Took the car out to try auto steer on local road. On sub-division local road, auto steer was enabled about 10% of the road. However, it worked horribly. The car tends to drive onto the curb, wobble, etc. It is like a 5 year old learning how to drive. So, worse than beta software...

No hurry to get the release

17. mohanman

mohanman Member

I took my X for a drive this am. It kept saying autopilot is not currently available.. was working ok yesterday. Does anyone know why?

18. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Fix the damn headlines, will ya? whoever has the privs. I understand mods here do voluntary work and don't get paid.. yada yada, but this incorrect headline has been there for quite sometime, and it is jarring.

• Like x 1
  19. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

AP 2.0 17.7,2...

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1