Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App doesn't connect after 12v battery dies and is replaced.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shortly after receiving a message indicating that the 12 volt battery on my Model 3 needed replacing, I noticed that the Tesla App on our two iPhones would no longer connect to the vehicle.

After replacing the battery, the App still won't connect to the vehicle.

I engaged in two chat sessions which had me delete the app, re-boot the Tesla screen, and re-install the app. I then was told to re-boot my router and wi-fi (which, of course, disconnected me from the chat session!)

Nothing worked. I started a new chat session and was told that the vehicle would need to be towed in to the nearest service center (which is 200 miles away!)

The vehicle works perfectly well. It just isn't recognized by the app. (Of course, the problem is that many functions are accessed through the app, including the only way to obtain vehicle service and service updates.)

Has anyone had the same problem and figured out a solution?

Mobile service replaced the battery, but since first displaying a message that the 12v battery needed to be replaced, the iOS version of the Tesla App hasn't worked on two iPhones. After 10 days, voila, the app now connects to the vehicle on my wife's iPhone, but still not on mine. I also can't connect the app when I install it on my iPad.

Although a technician at the Jacksonville Service Center has tried to help, and told me he'd escalate the issue and call me back, that was 10 days ago. Still no call.

I've spent hours perusing the Internet for answers. Plenty of people have experienced the same problem, but all the suggested fixes haven't worked for me.

What's most frustrating is that I can't get answers from Tesla. In fact, I've found that it's extremely difficult to talk to a live person at Tesla, other than the technician in Jacksonville, who hasn't been able to solve my problem.