Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Appears Model 3 may not offer heated rear seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Manual update, page 21, seems pretty clear: https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model 3 Owners Manual.pdf

“Seat Heaters
The front seats are equipped with heating
pads that operate at three levels from 3
(highest) to 1 (lowest). To operate the seat
heaters, see Climate Controls on page 86.”

No mention of rest an the language isn’t vague. Same with page 86.

“The front seater heaters operate at three setting levels from 3 (highest) to 1 (lowest). When operating, the seat icon turns red and displays the setting level number using twisting red lines.”

Still hoping they are there but looking less and less likely.

The manual didn't mention automatic wipers in any way until a software update enabled them. After that the manual was updated to describe them. I don't see this as evidence either way, since the manual only describes how the car currently works.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
The manual didn't mention automatic wipers in any way until a software update enabled them. After that the manual was updated to describe them. I don't see this as evidence either way, since the manual only describes how the car currently works.

The exception to that is that the manual currently says how to configure WiFi, but the UI is missing. (And it includes a note that the feature is not yet available.)

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
The manual didn't mention automatic wipers in any way until a software update enabled them. After that the manual was updated to describe them.

The exception to that is that the manual currently says how to configure WiFi, but the UI is missing.
So the take away is that the manual may, or may not, have some passing resemblance to the current workings of the car. :D

So the take away is that the manual may, or may not, have some passing resemblance to the current workings of the car. :D

It's funny. When I recently sold my 5 year old Model S I wanted to email the manual to the new owner. I had a choice of the original manual, which has wrong or missing instructions for a lot of the current UI, or the latest manual, which describes hardware that doesn't exist on my car.

Why don't you get in your car or someone else's. Wait...You haven't even seen one yet... Why would you suggest I would post a false picture? Pretty sure it was a 3. Along with the other photos I have taken of my car.View attachment 278422
Let me answer point by point, and then ask if you still think this is worth your level of reaction.

1) I have a 3. Checking via profile of user’s posted pics you’ll see I’ve posted multiple images of my wife’s Model 3.
2) I didn’t state a photo you posted was false, though I believe I see the confusion now. Purposely over-explaining:
The link I posted to was one from @scottf200 (post #71] Appears Model 3 may not offer heated rear seats . Scott’s is 2514230, your post I suspect is post #61 and link is Appears Model 3 may not offer heated rear seats , ending 2513389. I don’t know why the hyperlink is jumping to your post...
Perhaps the trick of copying the hyperlink from the post number on right of each post doesn’t work anymore and would explain why it linked to start of page on your post (at least it did when I just clicked on it).

I stated my belief that the photo of rear heater (again from Scott’s post)was suspected to not be from a 3 for a fewdid reasons based on post 71 picture
The image was from the Model S UI (check the center console layout, menu buttons on left arranged in sane style, etc).

Net: I think this is just a proverbial cock-up that was received in a manner different than intent. I hadn’t seen your post previously and actually gives me a lot more confidence. The only wires I saw were thin and suspected to be seat presence. I hadn’t looked on side/area you did as I wasn’t so bold to start digging into seat ;). The thick red/black dc cables in that flexible shroud is very similar to way other heated seats are done. Can’t believe I missed that zipper on driver’s side

Anywho, apologies for any confusion caused, we good now? :)

Anyone know how to hyperlink to post directly now then?

CF17FC5B-77AA-42EF-9ADF-44B788F1A9AF.jpeg

Reactions: outdoors