Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Watch doesn’t recognize Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else had trouble pairing their Apple Watch with the model 3? Not as a phone key since the watch doesn’t have a Tesla app (yet), but for music streaming and phone calls. I did this with my last car and it was nice for when I didn’t bring my phone with me.

Anyone have news on this? I had the same issue earlyer! Would be great now that apple watch can stream apple music on 3g?
Why wouldn't you just use the phone? The only way the watch will use cellular is if the phone isn't with you... and why would anyone not use their phone as key? I mean, are we cavemen using RFID wallet cards???

Now that on watch os 6 they have the ability to do stand alone apps, it would be cool if Tesla did a watch app so the watch could be used as a key independently of the phone. Even so, it can't imagine this situation coming up very often, if ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl
Why wouldn't you just use the phone? The only way the watch will use cellular is if the phone isn't with you... and why would anyone not use their phone as key? I mean, are we cavemen using RFID wallet cards???

Now that on watch os 6 they have the ability to do stand alone apps, it would be cool if Tesla did a watch app so the watch could be used as a key independently of the phone. Even so, it can't imagine this situation coming up very often, if ever.

Probably comes up more than you would think. Anyone into outdoor sports / recreation for example might want to take their watch for a bike / walk / run / surf without taking their phone. Thats one use case off the top of my head I can see (and I dont bike / run / surf, and really only exercise walk on my treadmill at home).

Reactions: dgaultiere