Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Using 'Watch App For Tesla'?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here I go again. I watched a video about how to use and set-up 'Watch app for Tesla' app as a key on Tesla Y. I spent the $29.95 from Apple App store and followed the instructions. Doesn't work for me. All the controls work manually via my Apple Watch but it doesn't work as a key (like the phone). I have been over it many times trying to isolate where I've gone wrong but nothing. My watch is an Apple Watch Gen 5 and I've searched the web to try and find if it is a too early generation to be compatible but can't find anything. Is anyone using it successfully on an Apple watch and in particular a Gen 5 watch? If so can you help me out please.

I have the Apple ultra and watch app works great but not always automatically like the phone. Typically, I have to use siri to lock/unlock/open hatch, etc.

Most times, remote start is enabled after I unlock and I can just go. sometimes not and I have to press remote start in app after getting into car.

One time, I couldn’t connect to car and had to call wife to unlock it. Most often, app works great to control car.

I will say, after pairing the watch to car with key card, I didn’t really notice any difference in functionality initially.

If my phone is in the car, I turn it off and leave it and use watch.

In all, the Watch is way nicer than carrying the phone around so worth the $30 for me.

Here I go again. I watched a video about how to use and set-up 'Watch app for Tesla' app as a key on Tesla Y. I spent the $29.95 from Apple App store and followed the instructions. Doesn't work for me. All the controls work manually via my Apple Watch but it doesn't work as a key (like the phone). I have been over it many times trying to isolate where I've gone wrong but nothing. My watch is an Apple Watch Gen 5 and I've searched the web to try and find if it is a too early generation to be compatible but can't find anything. Is anyone using it successfully on an Apple watch and in particular a Gen 5 watch? If so can you help me out please.
Why not use the Tessie app for both iOS and your Apple Watch?

Simple, I have to take my phone with me whereas my watch is around my wrist. My Apple watch can do almost everything a phone can do with more convenience. (except open our Tesla lol)
Looks like the Tessie app now supports phone key and watch key support for TESLA (and does have an iOS app and Apple Watch app). (Annual subscription is $49.99 and well worth it, IMO, for their automations alone.)

IMG_3944.png

IMG_3945.png

Reactions: Davemcd
Looks like the Tessie app now supports phone key and watch key support for TESLA (and does have an iOS app and Apple Watch app). (Annual subscription is $49.99 and well worth it, IMO, for their automations alone.)

View attachment 961010

View attachment 961011
Watch App For Tesla will do that and it's $19.95 but only works with iWatch 6th Gen or newer. So probably wouldn't work with Tessie either. I think it might have something to do with Bluetooth.

Reactions: brkaus
Watch App For Tesla will do that and it's $19.95 but only works with iWatch 6th Gen or newer. So probably wouldn't work with Tessie either. I think it might have something to do with Bluetooth.
I don’t think that’s correct. The latest Tessie update said something about support for Bluetooth (and I was prompted within iOS to “Allow” Tessie to connect to other devices via Bluetooth, despite Tessie never using Bluetooth before).

As I said, the options within Tessie Automations are amazing and diverse. (Does more than the TESLA app can do.) I’m just saying—check it out.

IMG_3948.jpeg

IMG_3949.png

Reactions: Power Hungry