Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Using 'Watch App For Tesla'?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

My Tesla Remote is the cheapest app I found that has the same functions (Bluetooth key in particular)

Really worth a look here on the AppStore
Thanks for this.

Do you know if this works with Apple watch 5? Watch App For Tesla does but not to unlock doors automatically etc. For that function you need iPhone gen 6 or later.

Does it unlock the doors automatically similarly to using your iPhone? Watch App For Tesla does but you have to open the app on your watch and press the button, it's not automatic.

Last edited:
By AWT do you mean Apple watch for Tesla? If so, yes my watch will perform many functions but for me, the miost important is to lock and unlock the car automatically. Currently it doesn't do that. Does yours?
Yes AWT=Apple Watch for Tesla.
I don't know about the automatic lock/unlock with AWT, since my phone does that.
I can lock & unlock using the buttons, but (I think) not automatically like the phone key does.

Thanks, yes I've heard this but Tessie costs AUD$300 for a subscription but AWT is AUD$29.95. And I've yet to have it confirmed that Tessie will lock/unlock automatically on iWatch earlier that Gen 6.
Understood. I’m paying $50/yr (USD) for the annual subscription from Tessie. Don’t know if it works with AW Gen6 or not, but you could contact Tessie Support and ask. The other features of Tessie combined with this new TESLA Bluetooth key make that $50/yr (USD) more than worth it for me.

Reactions: Power Hungry
Yes AWT=Apple Watch for Tesla.
I don't know about the automatic lock/unlock with AWT, since my phone does that.
I can lock & unlock using the buttons, but (I think) not automatically like the phone key does.
Mine does too. But, my AW5 takes calls, makes calls, texts, (it even tells the time lol) and pretty much does most functions of an iPhone with the convenience of having it on your wrist. A lot more convenient than having to carry an iPhone around all day which is the size of, and almost as heavy as a brick. A bit of 'tongue in cheek' there but a lot of truth too.

Understood. I’m paying $50/yr (USD) for the annual subscription from Tessie. Don’t know if it works with AW Gen6 or not, but you could contact Tessie Support and ask. The other features of Tessie combined with this new TESLA Bluetooth key make that $50/yr (USD) more than worth it for me.
Another option is Watchla It costs $7 in the app store, and allows me to use my watch as my key. No subscription, just a one time payment!

@THEbuz: I met you yesterday at Albertsons Volta charging station. There is no DM functionality in this forum, so contact me directly at lagreca at gmail dot com.

Another option is Watchla It costs $7 in the app store, and allows me to use my watch as my key. No subscription, just a one time payment!

@THEbuz: I met you yesterday at Albertsons Volta charging station. There is no DM functionality in this forum, so contact me directly at lagreca at gmail dot com.
DMs are called conversations on this Forum. Tap on the Avatar of the person you wish to DM and a dialogue box will appear. Tap “Start a Conversation” to creat a DM.
one proviso is that not all features are available to new members with low post counts, but the features will unlock as your post count increases.

Reactions: lagreca
Love it
Amazing watching Merc, BMW, Cadillac, Hyundai/Kia and others still talking about a key fob
They don’t get it, ?!?!?
Well, with Watch App For Tesla I haven't been able to get it working at all. I still have to open the app up and open the car manually by tapping on the lock icon. And by the way, I've contacted support but heard NOTHING in reply. I definitely wouldn't recommend Watch App For Tesla to anyone. Our 2017 E Class Benz was much easier with the 9old fashioned) 'key fob'. At least it unlocked the doors automatically when you approached the car.

Well, with Watch App For Tesla I haven't been able to get it working at all. I still have to open the app up and open the car manually by tapping on the lock icon. And by the way, I've contacted support but heard NOTHING in reply. I definitely wouldn't recommend Watch App For Tesla to anyone. Our 2017 E Class Benz was much easier with the 9old fashioned) 'key fob'. At least it unlocked the doors automatically when you approached the car.
Okay, as usual I have egg splattered all over my face. What I discovered was that I was too quick to attempt to open the door (there's not too many things I'm too quick at these days LOL).

If I open WAFT on my watch before I get to the car, it give the MY time to wake up. Then everything works fine. I discovered this yesterday when I clicked the boot icon and nothing happened, then my wife got to the car and manually opened the boot and leaned in to pack it. I didn't realise and pressed close and the lid closed and hit her right between the shoulder blades. (she hates all technology) That made me realise I might not have been allowing enough time for the car to wake up.