Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Using 'Watch App For Tesla'?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Well, with Watch App For Tesla I haven't been able to get it working at all. I still have to open the app up and open the car manually by tapping on the lock icon. And by the way, I've contacted support but heard NOTHING in reply. I definitely wouldn't recommend Watch App For Tesla to anyone. Our 2017 E Class Benz was much easier with the 9old fashioned) 'key fob'. At least it unlocked the doors automatically when you approached the car.
i have the latest software installed on my car i Have updated the apple watch @iphone with the latest update that is available deleted the apple watch key from my car reinstalled the Apple Watch as a new key.The car now unlocks/locks upon approach with my watch I don’t need my Phone on me but in saying that I do have a spare keycard hidden in the car in case I need to use it.When adding your watch as a key u maybe asked to use a secondary keycard to sync it to your car
Tip of day if u car asks u to use keycard just push the unlock button again on your watch

Reactions: Power Hungry
i have the latest software installed on my car i Have updated the apple watch @iphone with the latest update that is available deleted the apple watch key from my car reinstalled the Apple Watch as a new key.The car now unlocks/locks upon approach with my watch I don’t need my Phone on me but in saying that I do have a spare keycard hidden in the car in case I need to use it.When adding your watch as a key u maybe asked to use a secondary keycard to sync it to your car
Tip of day if u car asks u to use keycard just push the unlock button again on your watch
Do you need to open the app on your phone in order to unlock/lock upon approach?

Mine doesn't unlock unless I open the app on my watch first. I was expecting it to work like my phone where I don't have to open the Tesla app first, maybe that's not the case?

Do you need to open the app on your phone in order to unlock/lock upon approach?

Mine doesn't unlock unless I open the app on my watch first. I was expecting it to work like my phone where I don't have to open the Tesla app first, maybe that's not the case?
u may want to check the settings on your watch that the following settings have been turned on
1. Backround image-on
2.Enable Bluetooth direct control-on
3.Enable Bluetooth wake on approach-on
Goto Show Advanced check backround updates-on
Allow wake in backround-on

My watch is set up like a key on approach to my car the car will automatically unlock I don’t need to unlock the car by pushing the unlock button on my watch when I walk away from the car it will automatically locks.At no stage do I have my phone on me so the watch is doing the unlocking or locking by itself I think it uses Bluetooth and only works when you are in close proximity to the vehicle
i have a series 6 apple watch non cellular version my iPhone is a iphone10 My Tesla is a standard model 3 2022 the software is2023 32.9 Tesla app 4.26.6 my Apple Watch version 10.1.1
If it doesn’t work u could try a scroll wheel reset
Turn your iPhone slide to power off then turn it back on

Last edited:
u may want to check the settings on your watch that the following settings have been turned on
1. Backround image-on
2.Enable Bluetooth direct control-on
3.Enable Bluetooth wake on approach-on
Goto Show Advanced check backround updates-on
Allow wake in backround-on

My watch is set up like a key on approach to my car the car will automatically unlock I don’t need to unlock the car by pushing the unlock button on my watch when I walk away from the car it will automatically locks.At no stage do I have my phone on me so the watch is doing the unlocking or locking by itself I think it uses Bluetooth and only works when you are in close proximity to the vehicle
i have a series 6 apple watch non cellular version my iPhone is a iphone10 My Tesla is a standard model 3 2022 the software is2023 32.9 Tesla app 4.26.6 my Apple Watch version 10.1.1
If it doesn’t work u could try a scroll wheel reset
Turn your iPhone slide to power off then turn it back on
Correction i have series 7watch non cellular my iphone is running IOS17.1.1 couple other settings u may want to check
Goto your touchscreen on your car control/locks check
1.walk away door lock-on
2.driver unlock mode-off
3.Unlock on park-on

Correction i have series 7watch non cellular my iphone is running IOS17.1.1 couple other settings u may want to check
Goto your touchscreen on your car control/locks check
1.walk away door lock-on
2.driver unlock mode-off
3.Unlock on park-on

Yeahnah…….

Doesn't work for me, unfortunately.
Apple Watch added OK as key (both from phone AWT app and from watch AWT app), all settings are as described, but no unlock without phone.
Series 4 Watch, AWT v1.3.11 (1349), 2022M3 RWD, v2023.38.6, iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17.1.1
Dunno if my watch is just too old to support it...

Yeahnah…….

Doesn't work for me, unfortunately.
Apple Watch added OK as key (both from phone AWT app and from watch AWT app), all settings are as described, but no unlock without phone.
Series 4 Watch, AWT v1.3.11 (1349), 2022M3 RWD, v2023.38.6, iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17.1.1
Dunno if my watch is just too old to support it...
I had a series 5 and it didn't work for me either. I understand that you need series 6 or later. I traded up to series 9 and iPhone 15 Pro Max and it's working for me. I think the things that aren't are my doing.

I now have a better understanding on how the watch works without iPhone being present.Providing the car is awake and I am in close proximity to the vehicle once I open the door handle it will unlock.If the car doesn’t unlock it I maybe asleep by pushing the unlock button on my watch it should respond by unlocking.. you may have to be patient wait a few seconds while the car wakes up and responds

I now have a better understanding on how the watch works without iPhone being present.Providing the car is awake and I am in close proximity to the vehicle once I open the door handle it will unlock.If the car doesn’t unlock it I maybe asleep by pushing the unlock button on my watch it should respond by unlocking.. you may have to be patient wait a few seconds while the car wakes up and responds
So it's unlocking the car without the App open on your watch?

I've been using the Watch for Tesla app on my 2023 MYLR since November with great success. Starting last week, the watch no longer will unlock the car on approach unless I open the app on the watch. In the past, all I needed to do was raise my wrist and wake the watch up. I have the app as a complication on my watch and it's fairly easy to tap it, just can be a pain when my hands are full.

I received an update to my Tesla in December, but that didn't seem to affect the Watch for Tesla operation. Last week, I updated the Tesla app on my iPhone, but don't see how that could have changed anything regarding the Watch for Tesla app, but is the most likely suspect.

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks

Reactions: Sambub
I've been using the Watch for Tesla app on my 2023 MYLR since November with great success. Starting last week, the watch no longer will unlock the car on approach unless I open the app on the watch. In the past, all I needed to do was raise my wrist and wake the watch up. I have the app as a complication on my watch and it's fairly easy to tap it, just can be a pain when my hands are full.

I received an update to my Tesla in December, but that didn't seem to affect the Watch for Tesla operation. Last week, I updated the Tesla app on my iPhone, but don't see how that could have changed anything regarding the Watch for Tesla app, but is the most likely suspect.

Thanks
I logged out and logged back in the watch for Tesla app and reset the on switches for key, etc… has been working fine since.

Reactions: Alonzo

Thanks
I have Apple watch 9 and iPhone 15 Pro Max. I've had that problem since day one.