Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Closed the put side of my 09/17 Condor this morning when we were at $750 for $0.20 each 98% profit - closed the call side yesterday at 95% profit.

Now that I am naked for this week -looking to open my next trade for 10/01 expiration.
-$690 / +$650
-$820 / + $860
$5.80 each - waiting on a fill.

Also closed the call side of my 09/24 Condor yesterday (same time as the 09/17) for 90%
Still have the put side at $695/$675 and letting it burn off.

Really enjoying these 2 week condors, low overall max loss vs. premium gained and I only need to do one trade per week to hit my goals.

Closed the put side of my 09/17 Condor this morning when we were at $750 for $0.20 each 98% profit - closed the call side yesterday at 95% profit.

Now that I am naked for this week -looking to open my next trade for 10/01 expiration.
-$690 / +$650
-$820 / + $860
$5.80 each - waiting on a fill.

Also closed the call side of my 09/24 Condor yesterday (same time as the 09/17) for 90%
Still have the put side at $695/$675 and letting it burn off.

Really enjoying these 2 week condors, low overall max loss vs. premium gained and I only need to do one trade per week to hit my goals.

I wonder if we will get an IV bump with the P&D report around the corner.

Reactions: UltradoomY
Yeah I'm transitioning to purely selling, just not quite comfortable with BPS yet. Taking the easy money rather than gambling for a 4x or 8x is so obviously the way to go.
Whatever you do, it also needs to work for you from a time, energy, knowledge, and emotional point of view. I discovered for myself, as a for instance, that actually turning the wheel regularly didn't work for me. The cycle from cash into shares (put assignment) was fine. But shares into cash was hard for me - I was constantly worrying about whether I could get assigned on the puts to get back into shares, before the shares took off.

So I took that one test position through the wheel, made decent money as it turned out, and haven't done it again. I still consider the wheel to be a backup to the backups in my management strategies, but I hope to never use it.

Leading to the idea - take a small position out for a test drive. Something that helped me with BPS was to use a very W I D E spread size. For this purpose I'm partial to a $200 spread size. Something like a 500/700 put spread (illustrating an idea - not a specific trade :D). You'll discover that it behaves almost exactly like a cash or margin secured put and to the degree you already have experience with those, you'll be able to start transferring your knowledge and experience with short puts to the BPS.

I personally am mostly doing $100 spread sizes - that keeps me from going too wild on the leverage as I tend to use all of the capital I'm devoting to this purpose. I.e I'd be selling 2x as many on a $50 spread size, or 10x as many on a $10 spread size. Keep control of my own tendency to get too crazy and also keep my emotional keel when things go badly.