TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Appointment for Minor Maintenance Issues

Discussion in 'Model X' started by iceman747, Feb 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. iceman747

iceman747 Member

I've had my Model X for about 6 weeks now and have really enjoyed it. I've noticed a few small issues that I did not notice on delivery, namely fit issues on the R FWD chrome, increased wind noise from the L FWD, fraying of the backs of the 3rd row, squeaking noise when opening/closing the R FWD, and squeaking of the brakes when reversing after rain. I don't really want to take the car in for service to have these addressed now and would rather wait for my 12,500 mile/1 year appointment, but worry that Tesla won't cover these repairs if I wait that long. Any experiences from others?

2. psgabin

psgabin Member

REALLY ? really you just spent over six figures for a car---- call them they're going to fix it and they will give you a loaner

3. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I just took mine in for the same issues that existed since day 1 and Tesla took the car in without an issue. I had the car since May

4. iceman747

iceman747 Member

Good point, thanks. Guess I'll call them up and schedule something. Looks like I just needed a good kick in the pants. :D

5. JimVandegriff

JimVandegriff Member

I just emailed service in Rocklin, mentioned the problem I am having (profile control seat adjustments not working because of loss of coordination between front seat and back seat), and suggested a date I could take the car into the service center. Within five minutes I had an email back, we set up a time, and they were very accommodating. So emailing service at your service center can work well too.

6. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

The Rocklin team is fantastic. You're in good hands with those guys. (Tell them I miss them!)

• Like x 1
  7. toxicpenguin

toxicpenguin Member

Mine is at the service center for the same : took deliver December, tesla gave me a loaner while they are addressing the small fit problem issues recorded at delivery. In the month I had the car I noticed small quirks that I brought to their notice which they are fixing as well. I did mention to them that the car is perfect, and as far as possible to keep it that way :) is keep the replacements to a minimum unless something is broken.
    I got to say, I love the ms loaner (I traded in my old ms for max), but I totally miss the mx!! Can't wait to get it back. I miss most the large openness of the windshield and TACC.

• Like x 1
  8. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

Get set up ASAP. The brake noise is a known issue but rotors are back-ordered for a long time. Been waiting 3 weeks and am being told at least 4 weeks more.

9. iceman747

iceman747 Member

Well my wife got rear-ended in the X today, minor bumper damage, but definitely something to get fixed (dash cam footage is so helpful!). Guess I'll be calling to get that service appointment!