Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April 2024 MX Delivery Info Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1606.jpeg
What the heck is this tape on the frame of my falcon wing doors? Its in all 4 sides - is this normal?

FWIW, even the new ones on the Tesla SC lot has them, so --> within spec

View attachment 1040306
Yeah figured as much. Other than that and some minor rubbing of the rubber seals on the roof, the vehicle was otherwise flawless (well if you dont count tons of polishing residue all over that was never wiped off and a splotchy spray ceramic coating that ill remove as soon as the paint has cured)

I think it is way down. I cancelled my MXP order and then reordered and was rematched with the same VIN. That means theres not a lot of depth to the demand if there was no one else waiting ahead of me for that VIN to get matched to.
Yep. I think Tesla is falling behind on features mainly compared to competitors at similar or even lower prices... and lack of quality reputation and service doesn't help. Headlines lately have been stuff they remove.

View attachment 1040209What the heck is this tape on the frame of my falcon wing doors? Its in all 4 sides - is this normal?
Don’t worry about the tape - it’s for “insulation”. The seal system there is a visual mess - some seals look dented but that’s normal too. Do watch out for the paint rub marks on the inside of the c pillar repeated fwd use may leave if not properly aligned, they show only after a while. Mostly on the inside of the C pillar but sometimes on the door inside itself from the plastic wheel garnish. You have to wonder why noone else decided FWD are a good idea for an SUV all these years 🤷🏻

Don’t worry about the tape - it’s for “insulation”. The seal system there is a visual mess - some seals look dented but that’s normal too. Do watch out for the paint rub marks on the inside of the c pillar repeated fwd use may leave if not properly aligned, they show only after a while. Mostly on the inside of the C pillar but sometimes on the door inside itself from the plastic wheel garnish. You have to wonder why noone else decided FWD are a good idea for an SUV all these years 🤷🏻
Yeah I got some PPF for that area - once my car is back from the SC, Im going to cut around a socket to make a circle then apply that to the "landing" area of the FWD. I figured the tape was to fix NVH or something, but wanted to confirm it wasnt just mine that was damaged or something prior to delivery.