Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arbitration Clause Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I took deliver of a Plaid yesterday (I will post pictures and review over the weekend when I really wash and detail the car :) )

Now, next on my list is the arbitration clause opt-out. So far I am aware of two places:

- The one from the Order agreement which I signed on 2/12 (I was lucky to find the car I want in inventory, build date is 2/10 for the SA and I guess someone cancelled order)
- The one from the App when I signed for the delivery 24 hours before (3/2)

I am planning to send the letter today, so should I send 2 letters and one reference order agreements and the other reference delivery agreement? any other areas?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 773
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 8.54.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 8.54.32 AM.png
    544.6 KB · Views: 173
I am planning to send the letter today, so should I send 2 letters and one reference order agreements and the other reference delivery agreement? any other areas?
I sent a single letter. I requested that they contact me to confirm they received it, but they did not. Eventually, though, my letter ended up in my "Glovebox" (Contracts & Other Documents) online. I assume I'm good-to-go, but who knows.

I sent a single letter. I requested that they contact me to confirm they received it, but they did not. Eventually, though, my letter ended up in my "Glovebox" (Contracts & Other Documents) online. I assume I'm good-to-go, but who knows.
Can you DM me what the letter say so I can make sure mine is capturing all info needed. Thanks

<date>

Tesla, Inc.
P. 0. Box 15430
Fremont, CA 94539-7970

Dear Tesla:

Arbitration Opt-Out

I wish to opt out of arbitration for my 202x Tesla Model <S Long Range Plus>, VIN: 5YJSA1E21LFxxxxxx, the Wall Connector and Products and Services purchased from Tesla for my Tesla Vehicle.

Sincerely,

<signature and printed name>

Keep a copy for your records

Reactions: xls_ and Ash83
Only thing I'd add is don't rely upon "Glovebox" as a permanent repository for anything. The documents which Tesla shows in my on-line account have gone through multiple variations over the almost 6 years that I've owned my MS90D. There are some documents that were there at one time that are no longer there. If it's something you might want in the future, make sure to download it, keep printed copy, etc.

how long it took it to show up there.

I have screen shots of the letter, tracking Information and proof of delivery but was wondering how long Tesla will take to process them. I am sure they will never send a confirmation.

So this agreement would have been signed when I placed my order or when I officially took delivery? Trying to understand when the 30 days start...
Technically you should have the one when your ordered your car but also there is another arbitration when you signed the delivery papers 24 hours before. I would say send one for that. hopefully you will never need it but it could give your lawyer some ammunition .

Technically you should have the one when your ordered your car but also there is another arbitration when you signed the delivery papers 24 hours before. I would say send one for that. hopefully you will never need it but it could give your lawyer some ammunition .

actually, just put it in the mail 5min ago... thank you

Reactions: Ash83