Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, 2 to 4 weeks is deceiving. Had I known it was going to be 2 months I would have ordered sooner. I ordered my M3 on march 15th and got it on may 10th. The annoying part was getting a call on may 9th at 4 pm saying I could pick it up the next day lol. Still did not have a VIN number for it on the site but they sent all the pertinent information by email after the call. Lucky me my insurance provider was still open.

But still, I am never going back to a regular car. I still had a 5% doubt in my mind after everything I have seen and read. I had never been in a Tesla before I picked up mine and I knew within a minute of driving away. This is my brand until I die.

• Love
Reactions: BBone and Kmartyn
Same here, 2 to 4 weeks is deceiving. Had I known it was going to be 2 months I would have ordered sooner. I ordered my M3 on march 15th and got it on may 10th. The annoying part was getting a call on may 9th at 4 pm saying I could pick it up the next day lol. Still did not have a VIN number for it on the site but they sent all the pertinent information by email after the call. Lucky me my insurance provider was still open.

But still, I am never going back to a regular car. I still had a 5% doubt in my mind after everything I have seen and read. I had never been in a Tesla before I picked up mine and I knew within a minute of driving away. This is my brand until I die.

What did you order?

Ordered 1st May Blue SR+. Changed to MSM following week. Have had a DA from about May 2nd and VIN for a couple of weeks. Now have the MVPA etc to sign but finance agreement isn’t for the payment profile I got quoted so need that fixed!

Yeah the financing is a little screwy on the site. At first it looked like taxes and a few other things weren't included so I didn't put anything down on it. Later it came back with everything in it minus the deposit. It is better to throw money at the loan after anyways, sometimes they increase the interest rates when you put a down on it.

Thanks for that info! I was wondering what to expect next. On the tesla account, everything was checked off except for the insurance part. I’m guessing that would be done when I get the VIN?

Yes. In my case I got an evening call telling me I could pick it up the next day out of the blue. My insurance was able to do it last minute and fax Tesla all the necessary documents. What you can do, however, is call now and provide all the info you can so next time its already an active file and just need to provide the VIN. :)

Yeah the financing is a little screwy on the site. At first it looked like taxes and a few other things weren't included so I didn't put anything down on it. Later it came back with everything in it minus the deposit. It is better to throw money at the loan after anyways, sometimes they increase the interest rates when you put a down on it.
Yes the loan set up is confusing! I really wanted to keep some down payment at delivery in case of any issues to give leverage.

Yes the loan set up is confusing! I really wanted to keep some down payment at delivery in case of any issues to give leverage.
à

I thought at first I would need to pay 16k when I went to pick it up. I figured that would be my down payment so I didnt put anything. But then it changed around delivery time. It was all the taxes and fees that werent included till the end. The process could be so much better and if it can't directly be better more information should be provided. It is a decent size purchase after all.

But you can call right now the store were you will pick it up and ask them anything. Average delivery time for your M3 version, financing irregularities, etc. They should be able to answer all your questions.