Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that’s a long wait. I was expecting two months for my order of SR+, red on white, FSD, 18” aero.

I ordered on May 15 and last week got a delivery date of June 14. I found the VIN by searching using the “source” method described elsewhere here.

I expect delivery to be delayed, but still I expect to be driving my Canadian colours Tesla on Canada Day.

@MexiCanuck, Good luck!

BTW, I suppose you still can't see your VIN without using the "view source" method. If so, can you please write down your VIN# from the "view source" method and later report back if that number is the actual VIN. Reason I'm asking is because I didn't get any update from Tesla officially (ordered May 16th) but can "see" the VIN from the source code. I don't know when it appears and if it's the final VIN I'm getting. Hopefully it means I've been assigned to a VIN already.

I got my delivery date and place today: "
Delivery Appointment at Montréal-Ferrier
June 14, 2019 at 12:30 PM

Montréal-Ferrier
5350 Ferrier Street
Montréal, QC H4P 1L9"
Slightly over 4 weeks after order date (which was May 12th), but still within a reasonable timeframe.
One problem is that is two hours away drive from where I live (Too bad Tesla shuttered their Ottawa location). I'll have to figure a way to get there without driving myself, obviously.
They usually offer delivery to Ottawa nearer the time your car will be ready. I got my call last week asking if I want home delivery even tho online was showing Montreal. I think I am still going to head over to Montreal though!!

I got my delivery date and place today: "
Delivery Appointment at Montréal-Ferrier
June 14, 2019 at 12:30 PM

Montréal-Ferrier
5350 Ferrier Street
Montréal, QC H4P 1L9"
Slightly over 4 weeks after order date (which was May 12th), but still within a reasonable timeframe.
One problem is that is two hours away drive from where I live (Too bad Tesla shuttered their Ottawa location). I'll have to figure a way to get there without driving myself, obviously.

I just had 2 cars delivered to my door in Kanata (well, my work parking lot) on Friday. My account said Montreal, but when I had a DA assigned, she advised that I qualified for home delivery. I dropped the rough time line of my order/delivery in the Montreal delivery thread if you are interested.

Does anyone know if the delivery dates are accurate?

Mine is June 12th. But my rep has told me I will be getting a call from a DA with a solid date that could possibly be different?

What do you recommend for insurance? I heard Tesla is toying with the idea of offering their own insurance product. It seems like it costs more to insure a tesla model 3 than a similarly priced car.
Disclaimer: I don't have a Model 3 yet. But I have been looking into the insurance. Here you can find Tesla's current offering which is just a link to Aviva:
InsureMyTesla
I got quoted $170.59 per month for 10,000 km per year, pleasure use only, rural resident. Seems rather high. Still waiting to hear back from Co-Operators which has my current policy on a Subaru Impreza.

Mine is June 12th. But my rep has told me I will be getting a call from a DA with a solid date that could possibly be different?

It's an estimate. The car could be delayed at the border, or in transit, or at the delivery location, so they can't give a firm date until it actually reaches the delivery destination. They've told people to take it with a grain of salt until they get a phone call - at that point the car will most likely be at the Canadian destination so they can be secure in giving you a final date then.

I managed to talk with my delivery advisor today (I didn't even know I had one but the online chat put me in contact with them). They mentioned the largest hurdle they have in Canada right now is actually shipping the cars to their destination so the delivery dates fluctuate. If you are on the West Coast the dates are more accurate at this point as they can get shipments out more regularly.

I managed to talk with my delivery advisor today (I didn't even know I had one but the online chat put me in contact with them). They mentioned the largest hurdle they have in Canada right now is actually shipping the cars to their destination so the delivery dates fluctuate. If you are on the West Coast the dates are more accurate at this point as they can get shipments out more regularly.
I’m on the East Coast in Ontario so.

I guess we shall see in the next week. My VIN has not appeared but I have a date of June 12th to pickup.

Disclaimer: I don't have a Model 3 yet. But I have been looking into the insurance. Here you can find Tesla's current offering which is just a link to Aviva:
InsureMyTesla
I got quoted $170.59 per month for 10,000 km per year, pleasure use only, rural resident. Seems rather high. Still waiting to hear back from Co-Operators which has my current policy on a Subaru Impreza.

Yep! That's what I mean. The quote I get is very high, considering I currently pay only 82$ a month for a Honda Accord.

So far the best quote I got was from CAA at $64 per month.
Wow that’s amazing. I thought I was doing great at $79 a month. I have replacement value (depreciation wavier), and $2500 deductible, $500 comprehensive. $1M liability.
For the car price, I used the before rebate value.
Discounts for me:
Multi car
Home and auto
AEB
EV
Winter tires

Unfortunately they don’t accept Tesla Sentry as upgraded security, for that discount. Had to be after market.

Wow that’s amazing. I thought I was doing great at $79 a month. I have replacement value (depreciation wavier), and $2500 deductible, $500 comprehensive. $1M liability.
For the car price, I used the before rebate value.
Discounts for me:
Multi car
Home and auto
AEB
EV
Winter tires

Unfortunately they don’t accept Tesla Sentry as upgraded security, for that discount. Had to be after market.

Are you with CAA as well?