Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Tesla Owners Dirty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's definitely a need for garbage bins and more consistent access to restrooms. I don't think there's an elegant solution due to the logistics of it, but you're point is well taken, and I've seen the same things at times, though it is definitely the exception, and not the rule, as I frequently see owners take their trash to the nearest restaurant / gas station.

Reactions: APotatoGod
yup, I have seen some of that. Dirty? Well, I am thinking LAZY. Maybe so rich that they are used to having people clean up after them.

When I mean lazy, I think of my visits to the destination charger at the Altantis hotel. When finished, some drivers are just too lazy to coil it back up and make sure the connector is off the ground. It is almost always on the ground. During this last winter with the snow and rain, the connector got somewhat corroded and tarnished. I plugged it in and got a warning on my phone that the charge rate was low and to check for a problem. Like 4 mph charge. I unplug it and plug it in again a couple times and finally it goes to the 41 mph that it usually supplies.

Folks, just take 10 seconds to make sure the connector end is not on the ground where rain gets into it.

Elon fine these people. They are making things dirty for us! Either have cameras and fine them or revoke their supercharger capabilities!

I saw a jacked-up 4X4 pickup do a fast drive-by of the Supercharger station in Burlington, WA with all their fast food trash ejected out the passenger window as they swerved into the 6 empty end stalls. And I've only spent about 50 minutes at Superchargers in my life. I would assume most of the trash comes from haters and jealous people.

I supercharge A LOT and have never seen a Tesla occupant littering. Statistically there must be some litterers among us, but I think the vast majority of the litter comes from non-Tesla sources.

Probably a good assumption. I think I'll make it my habit to wander around and pick up trash when Supercharging from now on. It's not that big of a deal since I'm probably going to use the restroom anyway so I can wash my hands and feel like I beautified the area.

I thought Tesla owners would be somewhat a "sophisticated" group of people.. but man some of these superchargers are freaking gross. Cups, bags, trash all over the place. Sometimes I dont even like to get out to put that charger in afraid I may step on something. Maybe they need to setup cameras and fine litterers.
Now that you mention it, I've never seen trash at a supercharger.\
I was days from putting money down on an BMW M3 when I got the email saying I could order the P3.

yup, I have seen some of that. Dirty? Well, I am thinking LAZY. Maybe so rich that they are used to having people clean up after them.

When I mean lazy, I think of my visits to the destination charger at the Altantis hotel. .
I've also never seen a charging cable not placed back correctly at an SC.

B924F0AF-0F1B-4170-AD77-7653C8D25F65.jpeg
Got my gloves out, cleaned up this mess and threw it in the trash can 20 yards away.