Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are the Chinese Model 3's superior to US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be interesting to see the reviews and comments of the Model 3's being delivered in China. Particularly if they have the same common defects as those here in the USA. Looks like Tesla put the frunk hooks back in for them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 10.53.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 10.53.47 AM.png
    822.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 10.54.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 10.54.09 AM.png
    671.7 KB · Views: 85
Is the resell value of my SR+ higher because I’m pre-hook removal? If so, how much higher? :p

About $2.98 plus $2.00 labor - $4.98.

Deleting frunk clips could not have been a cost saving measure. My guess above is about what Tesla would have paid to have them installed on the line. It is strange that Tesla doesn't even sell them in their store.

Reactions: Type 5
If Tesla does a good job with global standardization there should be no difference in overall quality between cars made in California, Shanghai, or Germany.

China has a lot of manufacturing capacity. They build iPhones, well respected for being built to very high standards. This is because Apple monitors it closely to ensure they build them right.

And of course China also produces a lot of cheap crap that ends up in Walmart. But that has more to do with the company designing the products, not the people building them.

I get really confused sometimes by what people disagree with here. @Type 5, care to elaborate?

New users often hit the disagree button randomly without realizing that their username is stamped with the disagree button. I’ve learned not to waste time on people who use that button without stating what they disagree with. It’s passive aggressive and adds no value to the forum. I’m not really sure why we even have that button. It just needs to go away.