Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 vs Model S comparison slides

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not really a RC sighting but @model3owners just tweeted this out, a first spec sheet?

DAcVxf1XcAAbGat.jpg
DAcV2GiXUAAUCHl.jpg
DAcV5T_WAAAL5Au (1).jpg

Woot! With less than 100 configurations statistically what will be available?

Let's start with 7 paint choices (same as model S)
2 battery choices
2 roof choices
2 motor
3 interior choices (I am guessing black cloth, black leather, white vegan)
Interior upgrade option

That is already 336 permutations. Perhaps this means the sunroof comes with the upgraded interior.

7 paint
2 battery
2 motor
3 interior (but if you get vegan or leather you get sunroof and upgraded interior?)

That is 84 options but that doesn't include wheel upgrade.

2 battery choices
2 roof choices
2 motor
Interior upgrade option

That is already 336 permutations. Perhaps this means the sunroof comes with the upgraded interior.

7 paint
2 battery
2 motor
3 interior (but if you get vegan or leather you get sunroof and upgraded interior?)

I can't imagine they go that bare bones on a luxury vehicle. This doesn't feel right to me.

2 battery choices
2 roof choices
2 motor
Interior upgrade option

7 paint
2 battery
2 motor

I take it this sheet is for the launch edition. It will definitely change as time goes on (no way is the 0-60 in 5.6 going to be the top performance model).

Reactions: SteveG3 and Grendal
Looks like a reasonable guess to me. 14 cubic feet seems a bit low for trunk plus frunk capacity, but Tesla may have prioritized cabin space.

I believe this is probably not final, if it is indeed a draft from Tesla.
I noticed the trunk space too. Industry average is about 13, while there are some with 15. So 14 is only slightly above average. Of course cubic feet matters less than how the opening and layout is.

2 battery choices
2 roof choices
2 motor
Interior upgrade option

7 paint
2 battery
2 motor

I believe there's only 1 motor option at launch: Rear wheel drive. The amount of power the motor can put to the ground will be likely dependent on the battery size.

My expectations are:
7 paint colors
2 wheel choices
2 battery choices
RWD motor only
3 interiors: base fabric, or upgraded interior in either white synthetic or, black leather

Same number of 84 physical configs.

Autopilot/FSD enabled is another "option" but the hardware we know is present in all cars.

Last edited:
From the evidence presented in this thread that spec sheet is something I could have easily made myself cutting and pasting from various parts of the Tesla web site. Do we have any reason whatsoever to believe that it's authentic? Glass roof is definitely a feature of the 3, for instance. I don't know, but my instinct is to assume this is "fan created art" unless somebody gives me some reason to believe it's real besides "somebody posted this on the internet."

From the evidence presented in this thread that spec sheet is something I could have easily made myself cutting and pasting from various parts of the Tesla web site. Do we have any reason whatsoever to believe that it's authentic? Glass roof is definitely a feature of the 3, for instance. I don't know, but my instinct is to assume this is "fan created art" unless somebody gives me some reason to believe it's real besides "somebody posted this on the internet."

I have no reason to believe either way whether this is real. Glass roof being absent from Model 3 in the comparison of premium features is a big red flag though. We know from the Relase Candidates that the glass roof is at least an option, and I actually believe solid glass roof will be standard because it simplifies the manufacturing process (robot can install easily just like windshield).

I bet at launch there is only 1 battery choice and only RWD, as we know. Then I bet they bundle a lot of upgrades into a single, or perhaps 2, performance or convenience packages. Greatly simplifies everything, seems to show less customization, yet that doesn't mean that certain features won't be available in the large bundle(s).

I'll go with:

1 Battery (large first)
1 RWD
7 Paint
3 Convenience packages (basic, upgraded [white interior], upgraded [black interior])
2 Performance packages (basic, upgraded)
2 Wheel sizes

Reactions: SteveG3 and JeffK