Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you concerned about Tesla's survival?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hedgefund managers are colluding with media and other influential sources to create a volatile market for Tesla. None of them have a true opinion or care if Tesla makes it or not. They would love the Tesla stocks to go up and down like a yoyo for the next 100 years. Fake news indeed.

I just checked Tesla stock and see that the price is up $37.56! It seems I totally misunderstood the news on yesterday's reports. This is why I am not your stockbroker, accountant, etc... I am happy to have been wrong! (But I do feel a little silly.)
No worries!
The stock is up, but not even trading at levels most recently seen in June. So while the rally in price today is interesting, it's just a recovery in price.

The really interesting story to me today, w/r/t the stock, is that trading volume was more than triple the norm. This indicates to me that a whole bunch of shorts finally have had enough and took their lumps today. The jump today from +10% to +15% would support my suggestion that shorts came to work this morning and got approvals from their bosses to begin unwinding some of the short positions. Short interest is reported on a lag, so it'll be a while before we know for sure, but no short wants to be the last guy to unwind, that's for sure, so it's possible we will continue to see upward price pressure on the stock from continuing short-covering. Good times, for the FanBoys at least.

• Love
Reactions: Archduke
I just checked Tesla stock and see that the price is up $37.56! It seems I totally misunderstood the news on yesterday's reports. This is why I am not your stockbroker, accountant, etc... I am happy to have been wrong! (But I do feel a little silly.)
To be fair, yesterday's reports were misleading, seemingly often intentionally so. They focused on a 9% earnings miss, completely ignoring the fact that revenues beat estimates, and much more importantly, that cash on hand was significantly better than expected and that they confirmed M3 profitability. And these last two points were the ones everyone was actually watching for.

I did notice that reports were much more positive after the market opened today. I saw almost no FUD pop up from legitimate news organizations in my feed today :)

No, and never have been.

I have in the past been worried that Tesla stockholders would get cleaned out, while someone else takes over the company in a refinancing (such as a buyout by Google) which pays the existing stockholders very little. But that's not a possibility any more either.

You should never ever look just at the bottom lines of financial statements. All the interesting stuff is in the footnotes. Anyway, once you read all the footnotes, it becomes clear that Tesla is in a *great* position for permanent survival (though there is still IMO a possibility that the stock price will go down or underperform the S&P)

No worries!
The stock is up, but not even trading at levels most recently seen in June. So while the rally in price today is interesting, it's just a recovery in price.

The really interesting story to me today, w/r/t the stock, is that trading volume was more than triple the norm. This indicates to me that a whole bunch of shorts finally have had enough and took their lumps today.
Ihor Duwansky who analyzes this stuff says there was very little short covering -- he says it was all *longs*. The shorts probably get margin-called tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: suwaneedad
images

• Funny
Reactions: EV-lutioin
Yep...I don't care about them at all either. Though if Aston Martin, Ferrari, McLaren and, to a lesser extent, Porsche (SUVs...really?!?!) start producing all electric versions of their cars, I could care again.

I think we ought to be careful about sentiments like that. The US auto industry employs a lot of people. If GM/Ford/FC were to go away, the vacuum would be filled by a lot of Chinese imports. The best outcome is for the US industry to change direction. And I suspect (with a bit of kicking and screaming) they will.