Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona - Phoenix and Tucson Corridor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone near Buckeye able to check out US 10 and S Watson Rd area for Supercharger station construction? ... and, if not there, along US 10 in that area? I'm sure we cannot be too far away from AZ superchargers. I checked out Buckeye at S.Watson Rd about a month ago, but could not locate any SC construction as yet although, there are many great locations for them right in that area.

.......Blythe? The SCS map sort of makes it look like the SCS may be on our side of the border with CA. I run city/county permit information from time to time with no avail. I'm hoping that we all are on the hunt for SCS's. It is critical, IMO that the SCS network be built out ASAP. I, for one, need to travel regularly from PHX to LA & SF Bay Area. I'm looking forward to the SCS highway to make the journey effortless in my MS. ...as with Burlington WA and Centralia WA, Fort Myers FL and Port St. Lucie Fl will probably go online next week within days of one another. Let's hope our Arizona corridor truly is online by winter!!! ... at the latest:(! I'm thinking Blythe, Buckeye, Gila Bend area, Yuma, and Casa Grande areas are the most likely. Any thoughts/feedback?

I explored Watson yesterday and there is no activity to report.

Thanks for checking!

I guess we will just have to watch other Tesla supercharging stations begin their installations for a while! The only Tesla Supercharger location that seems to have any movement is the one in Woodburn OR. Many others must be in the permit stages. Photos please, of any TSCS construction work is greatly appreciated. Enjoyable to watch the progress... and a thanks to the Floridians who posted regular photo updates on their two new superchargers!

I'm a little envious of California, Washington, the eastern corridor and Florida's new two superchargers going online:cool: before we get out of the desert:crying: .... but soon enough. The Tesla Supercharging superhighway will connect us all! Arizona to California will be a breeze by next year... a trip I will make regularly. I gotta tell ya, as soon as the country is connected, I'll travel most of the network! I've got family in Naples Fl, Washington D.C., Boston and friends all across the nation!! "Have TESLA... WILL TRAVEL!!"

I'll still fly to Hawaii:cool:

Ok, I've tried everything and my standard charge has now dropped from 245 to 226 after a charge overnight. Tesla is telling me the battery packs look fine and it's the car adjusting to my wife's driving style. According to them she uses 310wh/mile compared to 300wh/mile which is what Tesla considers Average. I'm curious though since the car sat for a week while we were on vacation and it dropped from 229 to 226 while we weren't even driving it.

BTW, I'm told there is supposed to be an update for the rear door window regulators to prevent pre mature failure and the updated floor mats are available.

Ok, I've tried everything and my standard charge has now dropped from 245 to 226 after a charge overnight.
I've seen this happen when my software was updated from version 4.4 to version 4.5 that has the slider which sets the charge level. Previously the car would do standard charge to 93%. After version 4.5 the standard charge is 90%. So 90/93*245=237. Due to vampire losses, I've seen my charge drop below 230 overnight. I also have over 11k mi on my car and I think there has been some battery degradation and frequently find my car in the 226-229 range in the morning.

, yuma, new, stations - Business - YumaSun

"A request to put the supercharging station at the Pivot Point Conference Center was approved recently by the city's Design and Historic Review Commission. The station would have eight stalls and provide free charging to supercharging-enabled vehicles."

It has begun.

Great news to counter the price increase/options discussions. Thanks for posting.

Yuma does make sense, but it doesn't align with any of the dots on the Supercharger map. I always assumed the dots were "estimated". I do hope they do put one more around Gila Bend, would make getting to SD in a 60 very doable. Otherwise, I'd have to use the last L2 charger west of PHX on I-10 before heading south and stretch to make it to Yuma.

Last edited:

"A request to put the supercharging station at the Pivot Point Conference Center was approved recently by the city's Design and Historic Review Commission. The station would have eight stalls and provide free charging to supercharging-enabled vehicles."
While its awesome to see some progress on the SCS scheduled to open during the winter of 2013 in Yuma, I wonder when we'll see some definitive indication of the stations that appear to have been planned for in Fall (of 2013) near Blythe (CA), Welton (AZ), and Buckeye (AZ). Its gonna make getting to CA a lot easier (and cheaper).

- - - Updated - - -

Yuma does make sense, but it doesn't align with any of the dots on the Supercharger map.
John: I may be wrong, but it looks like Yuma IS on the Tesla SCS map scheduled to open in the winter of 2013.

@MarkR: Yes you are right, it is on the Winter 2013 map. I guess I was expecting to see it on the Fall 2013 map since its the only one so far on that whole CA-PHX corridor we have any evidence of thus far. Hopefully this means all the others due for Fall 2013 are already further along, just not discovered yet! But as I said, I'm using the maps a "directional", not verbatim, so who knows. I just cant wait to be able to have a different answer to all those who ask "so how do you go for road trips?" Now, I have to explain the SCs and talk about the future. It'll be nice to explain how I DID it. It just doesn't hit people when you tell them about what may be, or what those ppl in CA can do...

Yuma

Great...thx for the post.

Recently I checked thru municipal records for Blyte...unfortunately found nothing Tesla related..

I live in Buckeye, AZ - where is the planned supercharger supposed to go? I am in real estate sales and drive all over the place. I haven't seen anyone breaking ground on anything that would resemble a supercharging station. Could it possibly be located with a truck stop or in a commercial business location? I'm curious and would be happy to take an exploratory drive to see. In the meantime, my HPWC in Buckeye, AZ is listed on PlugShare.com under residential chargers. If anyone needs to top off on their way to or from Phoenix, I would be happy to oblige. My email address and cell phone are available on PlugShare.com.

Thanks Amped, with a 60, I'd probably take yo up on that offer to top up before driving to Yuma if that's the only one open when/II drie to SD. It should Gve me enough to make it.

As for where to search in Buckeye, I'd say somewhere close to the highway that has reasonable food and/or shopping options. That could be lots of places, I know, but that's about all you can look for. I hope it's something better than a truck stop, but admittedly I'd be happy with anything.

I live in Buckeye, AZ - where is the planned supercharger supposed to go? I am in real estate sales and drive all over the place. I haven't seen anyone breaking ground on anything that would resemble a supercharging station. Could it possibly be located with a truck stop or in a commercial business location? I'm curious and would be happy to take an exploratory drive to see. In the meantime, my HPWC in Buckeye, AZ is listed on PlugShare.com under residential chargers. If anyone needs to top off on their way to or from Phoenix, I would be happy to oblige. My email address and cell phone are available on PlugShare.com.

Hey!

I live in Goodyear. I have scoped out the Watson Rd exit, but have not seen activity. The red dot looks to be placed almost exactly over the Watson exit and the exit shopping center area meets most of Tesla's siting critera.

Buckeye does not have an online permit search system, neither does Blythe or Ehrenberg. Someone would have to call and speak with a city planner type employee.

Edit: buckeye does have online permit search. No luck.

Last edited:
Ok, I've tried everything and my standard charge has now dropped from 245 to 226 after a charge overnight. Tesla is telling me the battery packs look fine and it's the car adjusting to my wife's driving style. According to them she uses 310wh/mile compared to 300wh/mile which is what Tesla considers Average. I'm curious though since the car sat for a week while we were on vacation and it dropped from 229 to 226 while we weren't even driving it.

BTW, I'm told there is supposed to be an update for the rear door window regulators to prevent pre mature failure and the updated floor mats are available.

This happened to me also. The car sat for a week while we were on vacation and now my charge is short 3 miles.

I don't think he's talking about a vampire drain of 3 miles. But rather that his standard charge range has dropped by 3 miles.

Yep... I'm seeing similar. I normally set my charge to 75%. Until mid July, that gave me ~152 miles avail in the morning (I have a 60...). Since then, I'm seeing 148 in the mornings.

I also had it set to 50% while on vacation -- and the most it showed after charging was 92 miles, which equates to 184 for a full charge (perhaps 188 assuming some vampire loss after it stops charging until I was able to check when I got up in the morning), not 208. As for vampire loss, I noticed between 6 and 8 miles lost per day while it sat parked, and it looks like charging kicked in every other night (at my 2am setting...) -- so it would drop from ~92 to ~78 miles over 2 days. Good to know since I think it will do its first airport parking for a week later this month when I go to China for work. It will sit for 7 days, so I figure I'll do a 90% charge before heading out, lose ~30 miles driving to the airport, lose ~50-60 miles to the vampire while parked, and still have more than enough range to get home...

I have not tried a slow charge to try to rebalance the battery yet -- figure I'll try that once temps cool down in late Sept...