Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Powerwall Installs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else had any trouble with city inspections?

Tesla is telling me that Mesa does not require a city inspection before turning on your solar.
Ironically, they're also telling me (and even showed me in their system) that I passed city inspection.
Not sure which of those two statements is true, however SRP keeps telling me that city inspection has not been completed and they're waiting on that.

It's been a month since Tesla told me city inspection had passed (noone came out and looked at my house though), and I'm just sitting around wasting money daily electric for reasons unknown to me.

Has anyone else had any trouble with city inspections?

Tesla is telling me that Mesa does not require a city inspection before turning on your solar.
Ironically, they're also telling me (and even showed me in their system) that I passed city inspection.
Not sure which of those two statements is true, however SRP keeps telling me that city inspection has not been completed and they're waiting on that.

It's been a month since Tesla told me city inspection had passed (noone came out and looked at my house though), and I'm just sitting around wasting money daily electric for reasons unknown to me.
Mesa does not require inspection. Srp will hire a third party to visually inspect (or so I’m told). I am in your same boat. My srp inspection is scheduled 3/16

Thanks for the response. So I guess the SRP reps I'm speaking with just don't know what they're talking about.
Last rep even went as far as saying "usually the city sends us confirmation within 24 hours of completion" :/

Edit:
Finally got an SRP rep on the phone to tell me that Tesla submitted the paperwork wrong and have to resubmit it as well as submit a certificate of clearance for the inspection to be waived.

I was given this contact number for SRP solar questions like the above in the future:
602-236-4661

Last edited:
Tesla broke their API with new auth v3, so I had to make a code update again.
The code does not work with 2FA or Multi Factor Auth, I don't recommend it, on powerwall management, cause those tokens can expire.

See latest code here:
fkhera/powerwallCloud

(This code is used for managing peak off peak usage for the Tesla Powerwall more so cause SRP has a double peak 5am-9am, and 5pm-9pm)

Good luck Tesla fans!

In Tucson we have 6-9 am and 6-9 pm. I have just set my peak time to 6am to 9pm. So far the sun has been cooperating enough that this has worked. I keep requesting that Tesla give an option for two peak times. Please join me in making the request. If enough do, we may finally get some results.:mad:

Reactions: BGbreeder
In Tucson we have 6-9 am and 6-9 pm. I have just set my peak time to 6am to 9pm. So far the sun has been cooperating enough that this has worked. I keep requesting that Tesla give an option for two peak times. Please join me in making the request. If enough do, we may finally get some results.:mad:

Feel free to share a link of where we can comment back.
I have had this issue with SRP since November 2019, and worked through various iterations of the problem as the code as evolved an Tesla updated its auth infrastructure and other APIs.

I documented it all on youtube, and have a video to show you how to setup up Raspberry PI:

And then of course my code github is located here:
fkhera/powerwallCloud

Happy to explain it how it works , let me know.
6am-9pm shouldn't be hard at all , you would just update the script to be like 5:40am instead 4:40am
and create the long peak of 6am-9pm in your Tesla phone app.
The 9pm you can keep 9am cause thats the same.

Just you starts of your peak period are different.
So far I have had good results with latest iteration script and manage a couple users to change their values.

Feel free to share a link of where we can comment back.
I have had this issue with SRP since November 2019, and worked through various iterations of the problem as the code as evolved an Tesla updated its auth infrastructure and other APIs.

I documented it all on youtube, and have a video to show you how to setup up Raspberry PI:

And then of course my code github is located here:
fkhera/powerwallCloud

Happy to explain it how it works , let me know.
6am-9pm shouldn't be hard at all , you would just update the script to be like 5:40am instead 4:40am
and create the long peak of 6am-9pm in your Tesla phone app.
The 9pm you can keep 9am cause thats the same.

Just you starts of your peak period are different.
So far I have had good results with latest iteration script and manage a couple users to change their values.

Thanks for the info. But so far, all I needed to do was set a LOOOOONG peak period of 6am to 9pm to avoid any grid use during the peak period. Still would like Tesla to improve their app to allow for 2 peak periods.

Thanks for the info. But so far, all I needed to do was set a LOOOOONG peak period of 6am to 9pm to avoid any grid use during the peak period. Still would like Tesla to improve their app to allow for 2 peak periods.

Yes a long peak can work, but it does not work for me cause I would discharge the powerwall from 9am -6pm.
I guess if you have enough solar, but take today its just cloudy all day, its 5pm here and my powerwall starts with 100% charge :)
I am firm believer of only discharge in a peak hour and no where else, cause it hurts the battery cell life over time.
I have data to show it too :)

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
Can you tell when was peak vs off peak beautiful :

344F6728-F2B4-4492-8540-775B8827B489.png

Did anyone else that bought one or more powerwalls in 2020 receive a 1099 for $5100 of income from tesla? I've seen a few other reports on reddit. It looks like this is what you would expect if you got one free from referalls, but I haven't referred anyone.

Customer service, as usual, was not able to provide any insight, no escalation path, and that I would just get a call back if they figure it out.

This sucks, because either I have to file and amend later and be out $1000+ in tax refund until it's fixed.

If anyone has any insight, I'd be very appreciative.

My first bill for my loan is coming up in a few weeks and I'm still paying for electric because Tesla screwed up some paperwork when they submitted to SRP.
There's been no movement since and when calling Tesla they just tell me to "wait, because there's a queue".
Noone ever gives me any updates, nothing.

Now I'm going to be paying back this loan AND paying for electric costs at the same time. This sucks.

Also I see some of what you guys are saying about the 1099's. I ordered last year, but they didn't deliver my powerwalls until January. I have no idea what this 1099 form is for. Will my tax guy know what to do with it?

Last edited: