Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man I’m happy for you but I don’t get it…you ordered the same exact car as me 2 days later and I’m still waiting. How does Tesla decide the order to notify customers? Geez…
Thanks I appreciate it. I have no idea how the VINs are assigned. I still have very little faith in the EDD they provided especially because I have yet to speak to an SA throughout this entire process.

Good luck.

The fact that Tesla had announced 3 separate recalls for the Model Y last week doesn’t help speed along the delivery process, if these new builds are also affected.

I figure they would have identified that early on and went public with it but while they identified it they might have retooled the assembly line to correct that.

Reactions: theluckeys
This forum is great but it’s raising the frustration level when you realize VIN not being assigned in sequence based on order date.
I received multiple texts after placing my order advising that my place in the queue wasn't determined until I completed all of the "Preparing for Delivery" items, include the loan application. I was hesitant to apply right away because the offer is only good for so long. So I ordered on 4/9, but I believe I technically entered the queue a week later on 4/16 when I applied for/got the loan.

I only speculate because I only see order dates being shared, which is irrelevant if you dragged your feet on the credit check like me. 😁

I received multiple texts after placing my order advising that my place in the queue wasn't determined until I completed all of the "Preparing for Delivery" items, include the loan application. I was hesitant to apply right away because the offer is only good for so long. So I ordered on 4/9, but I believe I technically entered the queue a week later on 4/16 when I applied for/got the loan.

I only speculate because I only see order dates being shared, which is irrelevant if you dragged your feet on the credit check like me. 😁
Hmm, my SA told me the loan application did not affect my queue placement and advised me not to apply until my EDD were one week away.

My latest delivery date moved up one so now I'm at 6/10 to 6/29.

I technically didn't complete my profile until 5/6 as I was trying to decide on lease or purchase and figure out the best deal for my trade. My SA also told me to wait on submitting those till closer to delivery. I think it only matters if a vehicle pops up early it'll only match with completed profiles.