TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Arrived for delivery, car didn't match paperwork (wrong color)

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by willowspuppy, Aug 26, 2018.

1. willowspuppy

willowspuppy Member

Had my delivery scheduled for Friday afternoon. I arrived and went through signing paperwork, then went to see the car. I walked into a room with about 10 or so cars lined up, and only one Midnight Silver, so I started walking over to it. My delivery associate grabbed my attention and gestured toward another car that was most definitely not Midnight Silver (it was the lighter Silver Metallic). We doublechecked the VINs and it was unfortunately not the color on the config sheet. Needless to say I didn't take delivery and will now have to wait to be rematched with another vehicle.

Not the experience I was hoping for after putting down my reservation 2 and a half years ago. I'm a little miffed that the delivery center doesn't bother to check that the car actually matches the config. Would have saved me taking a couple hours off work and adding the car to my insurance unnecessarily.

• Informative x 2
  2. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

So embarrassing for Tesla. And you're not even the first this has happened to. Hopefully they get you YOUR car soon.

3. Brenzo

Brenzo Member

Sorry to hear about that. After all the delivery stories I've read on this forum, I think this is the first time I've read of a mixup like that.

I agree, not sure how something as basic as comparing the VIN specs to your order config isn't part of their pre-delivery checklist.

4. JTesmod3

JTesmod3 Member

NO!!! go back and tell them you think thats my car!:)o_O

5. fnce_prof

fnce_prof Member

Well, I ordered the solid black and would be perfectly okay with them mixing it up with a $1500 black metallic or $2000 red.

• Funny x 2
  6. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Was it AWD NonP?

7. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

Actually I've read this at least 3-4 times on this forum alone. (Car was wrong color)

I wonder, did you ever change your mind (edit button) on color at all? Every time I've seen this happen I wonder how that is even possible. Either way it is Tesla's fault of course.

8. cmyke

cmyke Member

Are you the guy that called into Ride the Lightning? If so, what kind of question is “do you think Tesla should do something to fix this?” :)

But seriously, have they escalated it?

9. willowspuppy

willowspuppy Member

Wasn't me. Honestly I don't know if they've done anything to escalate it. It was late Friday and me ISA didn't call me back yet. Will hopefully talk to him Monday.

10. willowspuppy

willowspuppy Member

Nah just RWD LR.

11. cmyke

cmyke Member

Well that’s even more concerning, as that makes 3 accounts of this happening! Right VIN, wrong color. Come on, Tesla.