Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Assertive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ”assertive” is in your foot, better to goose the pedal than get high blood pressure.
I still disengage fsdb if I’m going to turn at a stop, I find it makes a better driving experience.
What bugs me are the mystery turn indicators at random times on all roads, it’s not fair to other drivers either.

NHTSA has neutered stop signs and red light interactions. Assertive is more about lane changing frequency and follow distance.
Is there a mandate about limiting acceleration? My understanding is that it only need to come to a complete stop (which I have no problem with). Currently it basically "creeps" 75% through the intersection at a painfully low speed before accelerating to the speed limit.

The ”assertive” is in your foot, better to goose the pedal than get high blood pressure.
I still disengage fsdb if I’m going to turn at a stop, I find it makes a better driving experience.
What bugs me are the mystery turn indicators at random times on all roads, it’s not fair to other drivers either.
My high blood pressure comes from the potential of an LA road rager greeting me with a tire iron because FSD is driving like an absolute A**H***. It's almost as though it's simulating a elderly distracted driver.

Is there a mandate about limiting acceleration? My understanding is that it only need to come to a complete stop (which I have no problem with). Currently it basically "creeps" 75% through the intersection at a painfully low speed before accelerating to the speed limit.
NHTSA is about safety regulations (the S) and they generally take complaints and ask the manufacture to correct them as the manufacture sees fit. They don't tell manufactures what to do but what they want accomplished at a minimum. As a manufacture you want to go beyond satisfying NHTSA since you don't want them receiving too many more complaints that your "fix" didn't do the job.

Also without seeing video of the specific red light interaction there could be circumstances like VRUs causing it to react slower off the start (11.4.x is supposedly better at identifying VRU intent). Or it could be you naturally drive with much higher acceleration and we naturally judge FSD's driving based on our behavior. Unfortunately FSD will likely always be more conservative driving than any of us and if it ever goes L3 or higher it will not even be allowed to go 1 MPH over the speed limit. That is going to be a real PIA if we ever get true FSD.

NHTSA is about safety regulations (the S) and they generally take complaints and ask the manufacture to correct them as the manufacture sees fit. They don't tell manufactures what to do but what they want accomplished at a minimum. As a manufacture you want to go beyond satisfying NHTSA since you don't want them receiving too many more complaints that your "fix" didn't do the job.

Also without seeing video of the specific red light interaction there could be circumstances like VRUs causing it to react slower off the start (11.4.x is supposedly better at identifying VRU intent). Or it could be you naturally drive with much higher acceleration and we naturally judge FSD's driving based on our behavior. Unfortunately FSD will likely always be more conservative driving than any of us and if it ever goes L3 or higher it will not even be allowed to go 1 MPH over the speed limit. That is going to be a real PIA if we ever get true FSD.
I'm not an aggressive driver by any stretch. The uneven acceleration exhibited by FSD is actually lowering safety as I see it. It encourages other average drivers around me to make maneuvers to get around me. It also causes stress and potentially confrontation with the other drivers around me which is certainly not increasing my safety.

I'm not an aggressive driver by any stretch. The uneven acceleration exhibited by FSD is actually lowering safety as I see it. It encourages other average drivers around me to make maneuvers to get around me. It also causes stress and potentially confrontation with the other drivers around me which is certainly not increasing my safety.
I guessing you are new to Beta. It takes a while to get use to all the...... well eccentricities. Some people never accept it and I understand. For me I'm so use to it and I automaticity intervene (I'm pretty impatient and OFTEN accelerate from stops/lights and push through turns and Stop signs). I'm just on self AP while on Beta. And almost always I see a disengagement coming and ready to reengage so fast I don't really think about it. Just part of driving to me now.

Sometimes I let it play more and get excited to frustrated. But I treat it like a video game and it not acting the way you want and annoying are part of the fun.

I guessing you are new to Beta. It takes a while to get use to all the...... well eccentricities. Some people never accept it and I understand. For me I'm so use to it and I automaticity intervene (I'm pretty impatient and OFTEN accelerate from stops/lights and push through turns and Stop signs). I'm just on self AP while on Beta. And almost always I see a disengagement coming and ready to reengage so fast I don't really think about it. Just part of driving to me now.

Sometimes I let it play more and get excited to frustrated. But I treat it like a video game and it not acting the way you want and annoying are part of the fun.
I'm guessing you like to make assumptions? Been a tester for well over a year. If users need to hit the accellerator in order to not get honked at, than it's a bug that needs to be addressed before the name "full self driving" makes sense. Right now it's "partial self driving". "Eccentricities" is way too kind of a word for "issues".