Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little disappointing about the lack of progress. I'll be swinging through there in about 3 weeks on my way to Kentucky. It's about 200 miles between Macon and Chattanooga. Guess I'll have to see if the Marietta SC will lend a charge. I'll be contacting them in a week or so to see about charging. Does anyone know though if there is a 24 hour charger outside or only inside. I'd love to drive through the area on a Sunday but if there's no outside charger, Monday it'll have to be.

I was also told by my DS, who is based in Marietta store that there is a charger available. I plan to use it on 10/24/14 during my visit.

- - - Updated - - -

Some how I feel like either this is going to take close to another 3-6 months or they just might cancel it and put it somewhere else, because if they were serious it would be finished months ago.

I sure hope it does not take that long.

I was also told by my DS, who is based in Marietta store that there is a charger available. I plan to use it on 10/24/14 during my visit.

- - - Updated - - -

I sure hope it does not take that long.

From someone at the Marietta store:

As for chargers, we always keep at least one of our outside high power connectors freed up in case anyone should be going by in need of a charge.

That's awesome news about the Marietta SC having a charger out back. Thanks all.
I hear they have some at the westin
Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 8.50.52 PM.png

do they charge money for it. The whole reason tesla has it is probably for its service center people only. Thats why atlanta needs a supercharger in this area, but tesla just wont start construction

No they don't charge for it. They try to keep one open for customers. I used it tonight on the way back from Elijay. You can walk to the Marietta diner. 26 miles per hour charged without dual chargers.
d8a595649d920fe54b62a79ab6f877ac.jpg

The delay of Atlanta SC is disheartening. I had to spend 3 hours at the Marietta service center to get enough charge with buffer to go to Chattanooga SC. It was my first trip outside 100 mile range and was impressed particularly with Chattanooga SC for its speed and location.

Really disappointing that an EV hub like ATL could not accommodate you.
Assuming you were headed North, could you have stopped at the Macon SC for a full charge and then gone 200 miles to Chattanooga?

Sorry I was not clear enough. I was headed home to TN after spending the weekend in ATL. I needed enough charge to go to Chattanooga SC. So spent 3 hours in Marietta service center to get enough range even with dual chargers in my car. Everyone at Marietta Service Center was very accommodating and helpful. They offered to check fluids and tire pressure while I was there. They could not have been nicer. They moved other car so that I could charge mine. What I actually meant was if Atlanta had a super charger then I would not have to wait 3 hours.