Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are getting to watch the sausage being made.
Could be that when other Dealerships build new showrooms, glitches are made that make this look like a hiccup.
Initially, Tesla was hurrying the contractors to get all done fast but the rush seems to be off.
Word on the street says that there are staffing issues and the opening may be delayed until around Thanksgiving.

The good thing is that I think this is the first location that has ever had this issue. So the financial impact is almost irrelevant.

I added a Lenox Square mall supercharger site to supercharge.info based on this article:

Tesla Motors glides into Buckhead Nov. 21 with Lenox Square store - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Do we think it is accurate to remove the "Atlanta, GA" site, and leave "Decatur, GA" (construction) and "Lenox Sq Mall, Atlanta, GA" (permit)? Based on what we currently know. Or are there still plans for 1371 Market St?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the article in question only mentions "6 high speed chargers" for Lenox Sq. Mall. Those may not be supercharges.

But it does sound like Atlantic Station is still planned.

Lenox will have HPWCs, not superchargers.

The 4 HPWCs at Decatur are reported to be functional. Superchargers (4) are not yet and may require some concrete work.

Both locations are scheduled to be officially opened on Nov 21.

AC is still planned.

I added a Lenox Square mall supercharger site to supercharge.info based on this article:

Tesla Motors glides into Buckhead Nov. 21 with Lenox Square store - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Do we think it is accurate to remove the "Atlanta, GA" site, and leave "Decatur, GA" (construction) and "Lenox Sq Mall, Atlanta, GA" (permit)? Based on what we currently know. Or are there still plans for 1371 Market St?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the article in question only mentions "6 high speed chargers" for Lenox Sq. Mall. Those may not be supercharges.

But it does sound like Atlantic Station is still planned.

If anyone is in the Buckhead area next week I would appreciate it if someone could check to see if the HPWC's are active at the mall, yet. I heard that they would be online prior to the 21st. I need an overnight charge on the 19th or day charge on the 20th while in the area. I know that there are several Level 2's in the area plus I believe HPWC at the Intercontinental (but not staying there this trip). Thus, I was hoping to leave my car on the Tesla store's charger for about 4 or 5 hours.

Thanks.

Very likely HWPC-only, until we have evidence otherwise.

Can you remove that now, please? HPWC-only sites are not listed on supercharge.info, and shouldn't be.

Doesn't that webpage (supercharge.info) belong to BlueShift? I would leave it up to him to decide what is listed and what is not. Though, I think you're right, he normally chooses not to list HWPC-only sites.

If anyone is in the Buckhead area next week I would appreciate it if someone could check to see if the HPWC's are active at the mall, yet. I heard that they would be online prior to the 21st. I need an overnight charge on the 19th or day charge on the 20th while in the area. I know that there are several Level 2's in the area plus I believe HPWC at the Intercontinental (but not staying there this trip). Thus, I was hoping to leave my car on the Tesla store's charger for about 4 or 5 hours.

Thanks.

I live just a few blocks from Lenox Square. You would be welcome to use my 14-50 either overnight or during the day.

I drove by today on my way to Moe's $5 Monday burritos. I did see active work and trucks in from of the Supercharger bays. However, it seems that they wrapped the covers in plastic but haven't removed them yet. I imagine they a protecting them from scratches and scrapes when they do remove them. There were a few cars in the parking lot. Other than that, nothing new.

No. It's supposed to be close to the end of the month. The word is that both Lenox and Decatur will open 11/21. Also a possibility that Decatur would open after Lenox although Decatur construction is MUCH farther along than Lenox, at least from an outsiders perspective.

Local Tesla owners have this morning received invitations to a private event celebrating the opening of the Lenox store on the evening of Thursday Nov 20th, so it does appear that Friday the 21st will be the public opening day.

Then maybe our young friend here will finally be satisfied :)

The Superchargers at the Decatur, GA store are now live.

And the Atlantic Station location is now under construction as well. This has been a LONG time coming, but Atlanta will now have two locations in the near future. The 4 at the Decatur store (store to open tomorrow) are live as of today and there are supposed to be an additional 8 Superchargers at Atlantic Station. For those in the Atlanta are, the Atlantic Station Superchargers are located on P2 in aisle C (orange). Pictures to come.

And the Atlantic Station location is now under construction as well. This has been a LONG time coming, but Atlanta will now have two locations in the near future. The 4 at the Decatur store (store to open tomorrow) are live as of today and there are supposed to be an additional 8 Superchargers at Atlantic Station. For those in the Atlanta are, the Atlantic Station Superchargers are located on P2 in aisle C (orange). Pictures to come.

Awesome news. Too bad I can't ever find my way around in the AS parking garage.

The permit says there will be 10 stations. That would make sense given the central location of Atlanta and how much traffic will flow through it.